Used 2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:

There are better options
By Santiago

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I think you can have a much better car for the same money. My car has been giving me a lot of headache with the operation of the roof; it stops working without previous notice and not even the BMW guys know why is that. She still is covered by the warranty but my concern is when it's over I'll be the one paying every time this happens again. Other than that, she runs ok but the engine isn't that amazing considering it's a V8 (should have much more grunts and ponies). Anyway, I wouldn't buy it again. Next time, I'll try Mercedes, Porsche or Audi.

Roomy trunk.

All the electronics.

What a BEAST Machine
By CJ_in_FL

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Drove 3-series all my life until I got this beast. 6 speed is out of this world. Acceleration, handling and cornering couldn't be finer. I swapped out the run flats immediately even though there was only 19,000 on car. What a difference without that extra weight. Less expensive too. First gear buries the tach a little too fast but you get use to the quick shift to second. I took it to the limit 160+ once and it was still quiet in the rag top. The iDrive is simple once you read the manual. Quality and variations of the LOGIC7 is theater- like. I'm 6'7" and the cockpit is very accommodating. I just love my BEAST for power and style.

Power and sound system.

Get rid of the run flats.

I love this car
By pguter

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Drives like a dream, tremendous pick-up, wonderful sight lines. The top is quick and easy to raise or lower. The iDrive is easier to use than most reviewers seem to experience.

The drive and handling are superb. I love the SMG gearbox and use only the paddle shifters on the steering wheel.

The one cup holder is marginally functional. More storage space in the cabin would be nice, but is not really the reason for this car.

Incredible Machine
By clip645

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had read all of the review and was a bit reluctant, until I drove this vehicle. For a vehicle of this size, it handles and corners amazingly well. Performance is outstanding! 0- 30 is strong; however, 30-100 is absolutely incredible and leaves most everyting in the dust. To top it off the ride is compliant, the seats are the most comfortable I have ever encountered, the logic 7 sound system is amazing - even at super legal speeds with the top down. The much maligned I Drive in now very intuitive - once you read the manual just once. This is the best car I have ever owned or driven! It you are looking for a great convertible - at any price - this is it!

Sound system, voice activation - adaptive headlights that turn as you turn and the PERFORMANCE!

Memory seats on passenger side. Why does a car in this price range not come with standard heated seats - come on BMW!

Value of iPod
By Mary Lou McCammack

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Driving this BMW is a great experience each time I start the engine, except for the iPod screen warning that comes up everytime. I treat it like an annoying child, and try not to pay attention to it. Finally, though I have to acknowledge it to work the radio, ect. Oh well, small price to pay I guess, for a great car. I was surprised the visibility in the convertible with the top up was excellent. This is really a 2 person car, with room for 2 small children.

Great features are the handling, and response. Really wonderful. The seats for highly adjustible. The sound system is very good. The convertible top is a snap to operate. Plenty room in the trunk.

Rework the computer to be more user friendly while driving.