2005 BMW 6 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

645Ci 4.4L V8 6-speed Manual - (43 reviews )
A Piece of Art but also A Piece of Junk
By bobcat21 on 01/24/13 13:53 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

My wife and I feel in love with our 05' BMW 645i conv. when we first picked it up. We purchased it Jan. 2011 used with only 33,000 miles on it. It had some years on it but we figured it would get several years of only normal maintenance type services and not need to worry about major mechanical or electric problem because of it's low mileage and series. After all this is one of BMW's flagship cars. While the car gets looks of admiration at stop lights the feeling of this wears out quickly when you count how many dollars and time it has spent in a BMW repair shop. The BMW 645i is like buying a boat - the 2 happiest days of ownership are the day you buy it and the day you get rid of it.

I Love this Car!
By John on 03/11/10 17:39 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The finest car I have ever owned. I have had other BMW's, Mercedes, Volvos, 400 HP muscle cars and nothing compares to this car. It is in a class of its own when it comes to BMWs.

There are better options
By Santiago on 12/13/09 13:44 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I think you can have a much better car for the same money. My car has been giving me a lot of headache with the operation of the roof; it stops working without previous notice and not even the BMW guys know why is that. She still is covered by the warranty but my concern is when it's over I'll be the one paying every time this happens again. Other than that, she runs ok but the engine isn't that amazing considering it's a V8 (should have much more grunts and ponies). Anyway, I wouldn't buy it again. Next time, I'll try Mercedes, Porsche or Audi.

What a BEAST Machine
By CJ_in_FL on 02/08/09 19:33 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Drove 3-series all my life until I got this beast. 6 speed is out of this world. Acceleration, handling and cornering couldn't be finer. I swapped out the run flats immediately even though there was only 19,000 on car. What a difference without that extra weight. Less expensive too. First gear buries the tach a little too fast but you get use to the quick shift to second. I took it to the limit 160+ once and it was still quiet in the rag top. The iDrive is simple once you read the manual. Quality and variations of the LOGIC7 is theater- like. I'm 6'7" and the cockpit is very accommodating. I just love my BEAST for power and style.

I love this car
By pguter on 04/14/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Drives like a dream, tremendous pick-up, wonderful sight lines. The top is quick and easy to raise or lower. The iDrive is easier to use than most reviewers seem to experience.

Incredible Machine
By clip645 on 03/28/06 20:01 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had read all of the review and was a bit reluctant, until I drove this vehicle. For a vehicle of this size, it handles and corners amazingly well. Performance is outstanding! 0- 30 is strong; however, 30-100 is absolutely incredible and leaves most everyting in the dust. To top it off the ride is compliant, the seats are the most comfortable I have ever encountered, the logic 7 sound system is amazing - even at super legal speeds with the top down. The much maligned I Drive in now very intuitive - once you read the manual just once. This is the best car I have ever owned or driven! It you are looking for a great convertible - at any price - this is it!

Value of iPod
By Mary Lou McCammack on 12/30/05 00:31 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Driving this BMW is a great experience each time I start the engine, except for the iPod screen warning that comes up everytime. I treat it like an annoying child, and try not to pay attention to it. Finally, though I have to acknowledge it to work the radio, ect. Oh well, small price to pay I guess, for a great car. I was surprised the visibility in the convertible with the top up was excellent. This is really a 2 person car, with room for 2 small children.

Wonderful car but too many problems!
By A & M on 12/14/05 20:16 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

We loved everything about our 2005 645I convertible. Talk about a car that catchs everyone's eye and is a blast to drive! But....we had so many problems with ours we regretfully ended up giving it back under the lemon law. It was in the BMW service dept 32 days between July 6 and Oct 1, 2006 - not counting weekends! We were told it had 19 computers by 15 manufacturers and the glitchs weren't worked out yet. We expected more from an $80,000 car but agree we'd buy another one if we were promised it wouldn't have so many problems!

Wow - Automotive engineering marvel
By N. Davani on 10/30/05 01:50 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Having owned several sports cars such as the 92 Acura NSX, 97 Porsche 993 C2S (911), and 03 Boxster S, I was blown away and extremely impressed with the overall package BMW delivers with its legendary 6 series. Absolutely amazing piece of engineering. I was impressed enough to opt out of another Porsche purchase. Granted it isn’t a Porsche Cab or Carrera, albeit that's probably a good thing. Tight handling, absolutely sexier when you have the top down, and the more I look at this car, the more I lust after it. Great value too. Makes a nice sister to our 2005 745i. Gorgeous, elegant, sleek, and fast.

The Best!
By C. Ahnfeldt on 07/20/05 13:06 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Just purchased my 645ci May 05 and what a spectacular ride. Turns on a dime. Smooth. Lots of power. Great touring vehicle. This is my third BMW and I rate the BMW as the best to own. Surpasses any other auto I've owned and driven. Can't beat the service and care they give to the customer not to mention the vehicle. I highly recommend this car if you want something practical but sporty. People give second and third looks when you're driving this dream machine. I wouldn't consider another maker. I've been sold on BMW for years. Still have first original/first BMW (525i) When our last child starts driving the Mini Cooper is at the top of the list of consider- ations. Thanks BMW!

1 2 3 4 5 next »