2005 BMW 6 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:
the perfect car
By bmwforlife3 on 04/10/13 18:41 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

you can not ask for a more better car. The speed is their the look is their the reliability is there it is just and overall perfect car i put on some 21" chrome BMW rims and everyone looks when i drive by its the best car BMW makes

A Piece of Art but also A Piece of Junk
By bobcat21 on 01/24/13 13:53 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

My wife and I feel in love with our 05' BMW 645i conv. when we first picked it up. We purchased it Jan. 2011 used with only 33,000 miles on it. It had some years on it but we figured it would get several years of only normal maintenance type services and not need to worry about major mechanical or electric problem because of it's low mileage and series. After all this is one of BMW's flagship cars. While the car gets looks of admiration at stop lights the feeling of this wears out quickly when you count how many dollars and time it has spent in a BMW repair shop. The BMW 645i is like buying a boat - the 2 happiest days of ownership are the day you buy it and the day you get rid of it.

Unreliable starts
By samanthaat on 06/30/11 10:58 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

At first I loved this car. I'm a low mileage driver and BMW tells me the car is meant to be driven a lot. If you don't drive it a lot this car is a life of hell. The BMW dealer told me if I don't drive it at least one day a week for an hour the battery will die. He said there is too much draining the battery. It's not a week though. Seven starts drains the battery. I keep it on a trickle charge, but that apparently doesn't keep it from draining. After the battery drains a couple dozen times, its time for a new battery which today cost over $500. That's not acceptable but what is really unacceptable is having an $80,000 car that leaves me stranded and calling AAA once a week.

I Love this Car!
By John on 03/11/10 17:39 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The finest car I have ever owned. I have had other BMW's, Mercedes, Volvos, 400 HP muscle cars and nothing compares to this car. It is in a class of its own when it comes to BMWs.

There are better options
By Santiago on 12/13/09 13:44 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I think you can have a much better car for the same money. My car has been giving me a lot of headache with the operation of the roof; it stops working without previous notice and not even the BMW guys know why is that. She still is covered by the warranty but my concern is when it's over I'll be the one paying every time this happens again. Other than that, she runs ok but the engine isn't that amazing considering it's a V8 (should have much more grunts and ponies). Anyway, I wouldn't buy it again. Next time, I'll try Mercedes, Porsche or Audi.

What a BEAST Machine
By CJ_in_FL on 02/08/09 19:33 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Drove 3-series all my life until I got this beast. 6 speed is out of this world. Acceleration, handling and cornering couldn't be finer. I swapped out the run flats immediately even though there was only 19,000 on car. What a difference without that extra weight. Less expensive too. First gear buries the tach a little too fast but you get use to the quick shift to second. I took it to the limit 160+ once and it was still quiet in the rag top. The iDrive is simple once you read the manual. Quality and variations of the LOGIC7 is theater- like. I'm 6'7" and the cockpit is very accommodating. I just love my BEAST for power and style.

I love this car
By pguter on 04/14/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Drives like a dream, tremendous pick-up, wonderful sight lines. The top is quick and easy to raise or lower. The iDrive is easier to use than most reviewers seem to experience.

6 Series - Buffed Elegance
By Sarge on 09/20/07 12:54 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Great car. With the sport package, this is truly buffed elegance. I really enjoy the interior and the exterior design. Great sound system. As for the much maligned iDrive. If you don't enjoy being challenged by technology, don't get the iDrive. As for me, I am a techy, so I find the iDrive very functional and entertaining.

For the price nothing come close, except
By tony on 05/17/06 22:23 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The only car the come close to the 645ci is a 545i. The design is excellent, ride quality is great, handling out of this world - what's to say more. Go out and drive one

Incredible Machine
By clip645 on 03/28/06 20:01 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had read all of the review and was a bit reluctant, until I drove this vehicle. For a vehicle of this size, it handles and corners amazingly well. Performance is outstanding! 0- 30 is strong; however, 30-100 is absolutely incredible and leaves most everyting in the dust. To top it off the ride is compliant, the seats are the most comfortable I have ever encountered, the logic 7 sound system is amazing - even at super legal speeds with the top down. The much maligned I Drive in now very intuitive - once you read the manual just once. This is the best car I have ever owned or driven! It you are looking for a great convertible - at any price - this is it!