2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

645Ci 4.4L V8 6-speed Manual - (34 reviews )
A great car
By Truk on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

If you like to drive you'll love to drive this car. I've owned five convertibles, my last being an SL500, and none of them comes close to the "ultimate" driving experience. I can wait to get it out wesr with no speed limits! It is very comfortable to ride in, which my wife really appreciates. A great automobile.

645cic
By reeddix on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is a great car!

Was this a Good Choice?
By misniki on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love my car. I love that fact that you don't see one everyday. My problem is my car has been back for service 4 times 4 mths. 4x for the flat tire monitor. Its in the shop now and has been there for a week. My A/C comes on by itself, sometimes the window goes back down when you roll it up and the radio has frozen up three times. This car was not ready to be sold. I love the power and performance. Heads turn everywhere I go. If BMW can get the computer system under control, this would almost be the perfect car. Even though it's a sports car, the convience package would be nice to have for the price. I can't wait for the M6.

If you're REALLY a car person......
By giants98 on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

and money is no object, this is the car for you. The design and styling is something very special and the drive, handling and sound of the vehicle is unmatched. I heard all the comments on the I-drive and expected a lot worse-- it's not a problem to work at all. Grab the Sport Package is it adds bigger wheels and very comfortable seats, plus some other driving goodies. For a fairly large car, it handles like a little sports car without sacrificing comfort. It's a very special and unique car for someone who does not have to ask "how much" when ordering one. I'm thrilled with my silver convertible with a black top and cream beige interior. One of the best cars I've ever owned.

Best Handling car ever owned
By LMDMOM on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had been a Mercedes CLK 320 owner..loved that car UNTIL I purchased the new 645ci Convertable. There is NO comparison. The BMW handles better,is more efficient,does what I ask it to do,responds beautifully.drives smothly. Have not yet driven in snow,but I am sure will be fine. The convertable mechanism is great,,absolutly nothing to do except press one button. top up/or down in seconds.Cannot extol virtues enough. will NEVER go back to Mercedes. BMW also much easier to do business wiht.

Bugs in the Computer
By Lkitty on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Love the car, drives like a dream. Brakes are wonderful. Car attrackes a big crowd. Unfortunitly, severe creaking with body twist and active steering gets floaty over 105mph. Back seat is just for groceries. Car has been in the shop for total of 15 days and 4 trips in first 2 months, all computer related. No radio, no phone service, navagation meltdown, iDrive meltdown. This car was just not ready to be sold to the market, they needed another year to work out the bugs.

Will drive this car for 10 years.
By new645cicdriver on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

What I think is best about this car is how well it operates in the two roles of luxury cruiser and sports car convertible. Overall it is exceptionally self assured and holds the road with tenancity. The low grumble from the v-8 sounds great. As a luxury car it compares to anything out there. But put the top down, select the sport setting on the transmission and you have a car that will give you all the excitment you want and remind you of what fun driving is. Additionally the aerodynamics are phenominal. At any speed up to 80 mph, with the top down and windows up the car is quiet and there is virtually no wind buffeting in the front seats.

Phenomenal
By DBG on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is an amazing car. The i-drive is not as bad as some say, but it is a silly piece of show-off design. That is the ONLY quiblle about this car. It is astoundingly fast and handles equally well. It turns heads wherever you go, and the interior has all the comforts you could want. The best car I've ever had.

my thoughts
By mikevb on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

awesome performance, BEAUTFUL with the top down,with onlt pretty up.

BMW 645 - Dream!
By Orbit on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have it this vehicle for about 45 days and have been extremely please with every feature. I was hesitant at first due to my experience with BMW service departments in the past, but the car out weighs those concerns. The car is fantastic - a car you can drive everyday!!! The lines and looks are fanstastic - top down is the only way to drive this. Many trips have already been done to Park City and Deer Valley.