Used 2004 BMW 6 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Bmw 6-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:

Outstanding
By 04/645ci

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

A dream come true. I am a car fanatic and I have had cars ranging from Fords to Mercedes to a Viper. The moniker "the ultimate driving experience" is so true. I love my 645ci with the sport package and 6 speed manual. Performance and handling is exceptional and the sport seats are so comfortable yet will hold you in place when you zip into the twisties. No complaints against the car not even the I drive which once you get used to becomes second nature.

Favorite Features

Performance, handling and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Real cupholders and coin holder.

Sporty yet practical.
By Dr. Karl

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Just invested in a used 2004 645Ci convertible, Sapphire black on cream leather with a 6-speed manual transmission, with only 16000 miles... great vehicle!! Combining performance, fun-to-drive factor and practicality (can take some friends in comfort in back seat). Although the design is now nearly 3 years old, the 645's beauty will never age. Would recommend the car to anyone with car-fever.

Favorite Features

Performance, handling, 6-speed manual, comfort with practicality, uniqueness.

Suggested Improvements

No satellite radio pre-wiring on 2004 models

Best Car I ever owned
By Rick B.

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned 6 BMWs in my life starting with the 2002tii in 1974 and continuing through a 530i, 633csi, 740iA, 745i and now the 645. It is by far the best car I have ever owned and still makes me smile after 2 years of driving.

Fun But ...
By David

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is a magnificent car, providing more niche-fillers than any other car on the market: a true sports car, with excellent speed and handling, top luxury, eye-catching look, available with a stick, and a back seat and trunk that are actually useful. However, the alloy wheels are so soft I'm on my my third set, and despite their advertising, BMW will do anything to avoid having the warranty cover anything more than the usual minor issues. The software on the care is unreliable too and the car is a gas hog. Even so, I love it, but it's hard to accept being treated poorly by BMW given the nature of their advertising and the cost of this car.

The feel good factor is priced in!
By voldiver

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The 645 is truly "sport" luxury. Not nimble and quick but muscular and responsive. The extra horses of the 650 should help. The iDrive is not difficult...if you can't figure it out you most likely can't afford the car anyway!

Favorite Features

The shark look is truly the most attractive feature. One of the most attractive autos I've ever owned.

Suggested Improvements

The steering wheel's a little thick with the full padding.