2004 BMW 6 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:
Porsche 911 Carrera meets practicality!
By puffysheep on 02/10/06 22:40 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I would choose BMWs over Mercedes and other equivalent cars. Having said that only cars I would drool over this one are BMW M5 and M6. I got this car with full option and everything ranging from parking distance control to cold weather packages, all very useful. If you hear people complaining about the BMW iDrive system, don't believe them. Unless you are very old- fashioned and don't know how to use a computer, you won't have a problem with the iDrive function. This car has a surprisingly big trunk and back seats are plenty for people under six feet tall. This car drives like a Porsche 911 but it can also be driven like a luxury sedan so it's lot more practical for everyday use.

Not an M6, but it is pretty....
By carlb9 on 01/20/06 11:40 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The vehicle handles wonderfully and weight is perfect. One of the best 2 door convertible on the market... The Aston Martin Convertible DB9 is the only thing that can touch it...

Couldn't Be Any Better!
By KathyO on 11/06/05 14:37 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Best vehicle I've ever owned. This one has it all: performance, sporty, luxury. Great combination of mastering the road and pampering the driver. I'll probably get another one when my lease is up. This one turns heads and gets lots of compliments all the time - and is still exclusive enough that I rarely see another one on the road.

645 ci has no equal in the market
By Bimmerfile on 03/21/05 15:48 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

SMG makes the car hard to drive smoothly. Active steering feels awkward and unnatural. Otherwise the car is a terrific driver. I can live with the iDrive. I think there is a little dodge stratus in the back. It makes the car look cheap honestly. I never quite got used to the awful trunk. The car seems confused on whether to ape porsche or dodge.The front is unique, not really attractive but not particularly ugly either. Saddle up behind the seat, and the outside won't matter any more.

Awesome!
By SF on 01/03/05 07:19 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Talk about a fun car to drive! I don't get very excited about driving cars, but when I got behind the wheel in a test drive, I immediately knew there was no other. Now that I have the car, I don't want to stop driving it.

A great car
By Truk on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

If you like to drive you'll love to drive this car. I've owned five convertibles, my last being an SL500, and none of them comes close to the "ultimate" driving experience. I can wait to get it out wesr with no speed limits! It is very comfortable to ride in, which my wife really appreciates. A great automobile.

love my 645 coupe
By al schmitt on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Coupe (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

i love to drive my 645 coupe. i feel very safe in it. the power and handling are fantastic.

Was this a Good Choice?
By misniki on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I love my car. I love that fact that you don't see one everyday. My problem is my car has been back for service 4 times 4 mths. 4x for the flat tire monitor. Its in the shop now and has been there for a week. My A/C comes on by itself, sometimes the window goes back down when you roll it up and the radio has frozen up three times. This car was not ready to be sold. I love the power and performance. Heads turn everywhere I go. If BMW can get the computer system under control, this would almost be the perfect car. Even though it's a sports car, the convience package would be nice to have for the price. I can't wait for the M6.

645cic
By reeddix on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is a great car!

If you're REALLY a car person......
By giants98 on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

and money is no object, this is the car for you. The design and styling is something very special and the drive, handling and sound of the vehicle is unmatched. I heard all the comments on the I-drive and expected a lot worse-- it's not a problem to work at all. Grab the Sport Package is it adds bigger wheels and very comfortable seats, plus some other driving goodies. For a fairly large car, it handles like a little sports car without sacrificing comfort. It's a very special and unique car for someone who does not have to ask "how much" when ordering one. I'm thrilled with my silver convertible with a black top and cream beige interior. One of the best cars I've ever owned.