2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews

2004 Bmw 6-series - Consumer Reviews

645Ci 4.4L V8 6-speed Manual - (34 reviews )

2004 6 Series Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
This is the best BMW I have ever driven
By Smoove

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my first BMW in 1987, a BMW 325is. Since then I have owned a BMW 528i, 328i convertible, 1988 M6, 540i, 745Li and now I own a 2004 BMW 645ci Convertible. I will tell you this as a prior BMW owner this is the best BMW I have ever owned. I love this car so much I can't bring my self to even drive it in the rain. I only have 14,000 miles on the car. This car turns heads, causes other vehicles horns to blow and lights to flash when approaching. My Lady always wants to a company me in the passengerís seat. She's is nobody's fool. She knows wherever this car goes there is a lot of attention given and she enjoys being apart of it. This is truly an Ultimate Driving Machine.

Favorite Features

It's a BMW, the ultimate driving machine!

Suggested Improvements

Slow down on the productions This car is truly one to Keep.

Beware "the convertible roof"
By John - Los Altos

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Love to drive my 645 when the roof works which is not very often over the last year. BMW can't fix it after 4 attempts on my nickel and I can no longer afford these repair bills. Like some women, this car looks absolutely terrific, but don't even think about getting too close. It'll cost you! There are other cars out there that are a joy to drive, do the right thing - buy a coupe!

Favorite Features

The lines are beautiful, interior is comfortable, and it drives like a true BMW.

Suggested Improvements

Please fix the convertible roof so it works after 2 years. Correct the engine lag when in manual or don't offer a manual mode.

Too much fun in the sun
By NC6Driver

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car is not the best in any category, there are better looking, faster, cheaper, whatever the category. But as a package, this car is the one to take out on a winding road on a Saturday afternoon. Or you can just drop the top and actually enjoy your drive to work, as I do. It has all the power you need to be pushing well to the right side of 100 by the end of the average on ramp. It sticks to corners like glue. And yet is behaved enough to not look like you are finally living out your high school fantasy - even if that is exactly really what you're doing.

Favorite Features

Big 8 has lots of compression, makes downshifting the auto a lot of fun to use when attacking the corners. Something you can't do with a smaller engine. And it has just the right level of engine growl to make going under overpasses or tunnels make you grin real wide.

Suggested Improvements

Surface more basic controls. iDrive really isn't all that bad. But being able to adjust vent levels easier while driving is harder than it needs be. I miss the real time mpg readings. The car can achieve decent mileage if you behave yourself. Behaving yourself if just the hard part.

Beauty in motion
By Davem

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

A blast to drive - can't leave it in the garage and take the Lexus!

Favorite Features

Sheer acceleration - but the brakes are phenomenal!

Suggested Improvements

Including a rear seat wind baffle as standard rather than a $570 optional accessory would make noise with the top down much less an issue. Too much buffeting with the top down over 70 mph.

Sporty yet practical.
By Dr. Karl

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Just invested in a used 2004 645Ci convertible, Sapphire black on cream leather with a 6-speed manual transmission, with only 16000 miles... great vehicle!! Combining performance, fun-to-drive factor and practicality (can take some friends in comfort in back seat). Although the design is now nearly 3 years old, the 645's beauty will never age. Would recommend the car to anyone with car-fever.

Favorite Features

Performance, handling, 6-speed manual, comfort with practicality, uniqueness.

Suggested Improvements

No satellite radio pre-wiring on 2004 models

Best Car I ever owned
By Rick B.

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned 6 BMWs in my life starting with the 2002tii in 1974 and continuing through a 530i, 633csi, 740iA, 745i and now the 645. It is by far the best car I have ever owned and still makes me smile after 2 years of driving.

Fun But ...
By David

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is a magnificent car, providing more niche-fillers than any other car on the market: a true sports car, with excellent speed and handling, top luxury, eye-catching look, available with a stick, and a back seat and trunk that are actually useful. However, the alloy wheels are so soft I'm on my my third set, and despite their advertising, BMW will do anything to avoid having the warranty cover anything more than the usual minor issues. The software on the care is unreliable too and the car is a gas hog. Even so, I love it, but it's hard to accept being treated poorly by BMW given the nature of their advertising and the cost of this car.

Not an M6, but it is pretty....
By carlb9

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The vehicle handles wonderfully and weight is perfect. One of the best 2 door convertible on the market... The Aston Martin Convertible DB9 is the only thing that can touch it...

Favorite Features

The nineteen inch wheels and the convertible give this sports car awesome peace of mind on the road... You are able to enjoy the sun while driving 90 miles per hour...

Suggested Improvements

I have a manual and I believe there should be a shorter gear ratio... The brakes shold be a little bigger and the torque could be a little higher with 50 additional horsepower...

Couldn't Be Any Better!
By KathyO

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Best vehicle I've ever owned. This one has it all: performance, sporty, luxury. Great combination of mastering the road and pampering the driver. I'll probably get another one when my lease is up. This one turns heads and gets lots of compliments all the time - and is still exclusive enough that I rarely see another one on the road.

Awesome!
By SF

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Talk about a fun car to drive! I don't get very excited about driving cars, but when I got behind the wheel in a test drive, I immediately knew there was no other. Now that I have the car, I don't want to stop driving it.

Favorite Features

Everything. Plain and simple.

Suggested Improvements

MP3