2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

645Ci 4.4L V8 6-speed Manual - (34 reviews )
This is the best BMW I have ever driven
By Smoove on 05/23/10 18:11 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my first BMW in 1987, a BMW 325is. Since then I have owned a BMW 528i, 328i convertible, 1988 M6, 540i, 745Li and now I own a 2004 BMW 645ci Convertible. I will tell you this as a prior BMW owner this is the best BMW I have ever owned. I love this car so much I can't bring my self to even drive it in the rain. I only have 14,000 miles on the car. This car turns heads, causes other vehicles horns to blow and lights to flash when approaching. My Lady always wants to a company me in the passengerís seat. She's is nobody's fool. She knows wherever this car goes there is a lot of attention given and she enjoys being apart of it. This is truly an Ultimate Driving Machine.

Beware "the convertible roof"
By John - Los Altos on 03/25/10 18:34 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Love to drive my 645 when the roof works which is not very often over the last year. BMW can't fix it after 4 attempts on my nickel and I can no longer afford these repair bills. Like some women, this car looks absolutely terrific, but don't even think about getting too close. It'll cost you! There are other cars out there that are a joy to drive, do the right thing - buy a coupe!

Too much fun in the sun
By NC6Driver on 05/04/09 19:30 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car is not the best in any category, there are better looking, faster, cheaper, whatever the category. But as a package, this car is the one to take out on a winding road on a Saturday afternoon. Or you can just drop the top and actually enjoy your drive to work, as I do. It has all the power you need to be pushing well to the right side of 100 by the end of the average on ramp. It sticks to corners like glue. And yet is behaved enough to not look like you are finally living out your high school fantasy - even if that is exactly really what you're doing.

Beauty in motion
By Davem on 11/13/07 16:20 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

A blast to drive - can't leave it in the garage and take the Lexus!

Sporty yet practical.
By Dr. Karl on 01/17/07 14:18 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Just invested in a used 2004 645Ci convertible, Sapphire black on cream leather with a 6-speed manual transmission, with only 16000 miles... great vehicle!! Combining performance, fun-to-drive factor and practicality (can take some friends in comfort in back seat). Although the design is now nearly 3 years old, the 645's beauty will never age. Would recommend the car to anyone with car-fever.

Best Car I ever owned
By Rick B. on 08/03/06 12:51 PM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned 6 BMWs in my life starting with the 2002tii in 1974 and continuing through a 530i, 633csi, 740iA, 745i and now the 645. It is by far the best car I have ever owned and still makes me smile after 2 years of driving.

Fun But ...
By David on 06/05/06 10:54 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is a magnificent car, providing more niche-fillers than any other car on the market: a true sports car, with excellent speed and handling, top luxury, eye-catching look, available with a stick, and a back seat and trunk that are actually useful. However, the alloy wheels are so soft I'm on my my third set, and despite their advertising, BMW will do anything to avoid having the warranty cover anything more than the usual minor issues. The software on the care is unreliable too and the car is a gas hog. Even so, I love it, but it's hard to accept being treated poorly by BMW given the nature of their advertising and the cost of this car.

Not an M6, but it is pretty....
By carlb9 on 01/20/06 11:40 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

The vehicle handles wonderfully and weight is perfect. One of the best 2 door convertible on the market... The Aston Martin Convertible DB9 is the only thing that can touch it...

Couldn't Be Any Better!
By KathyO on 11/06/05 14:37 PM (PST)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Best vehicle I've ever owned. This one has it all: performance, sporty, luxury. Great combination of mastering the road and pampering the driver. I'll probably get another one when my lease is up. This one turns heads and gets lots of compliments all the time - and is still exclusive enough that I rarely see another one on the road.

Awesome!
By SF on 01/03/05 07:19 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 6 Series Convertible 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Talk about a fun car to drive! I don't get very excited about driving cars, but when I got behind the wheel in a test drive, I immediately knew there was no other. Now that I have the car, I don't want to stop driving it.