Used 2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 Series model:

This is the best BMW I have ever driven
By Smoove

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my first BMW in 1987, a BMW 325is. Since then I have owned a BMW 528i, 328i convertible, 1988 M6, 540i, 745Li and now I own a 2004 BMW 645ci Convertible. I will tell you this as a prior BMW owner this is the best BMW I have ever owned. I love this car so much I can't bring my self to even drive it in the rain. I only have 14,000 miles on the car. This car turns heads, causes other vehicles horns to blow and lights to flash when approaching. My Lady always wants to a company me in the passengerís seat. She's is nobody's fool. She knows wherever this car goes there is a lot of attention given and she enjoys being apart of it. This is truly an Ultimate Driving Machine.

It's a BMW, the ultimate driving machine!

Slow down on the productions This car is truly one to Keep.

Beware "the convertible roof"
By John - Los Altos

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Love to drive my 645 when the roof works which is not very often over the last year. BMW can't fix it after 4 attempts on my nickel and I can no longer afford these repair bills. Like some women, this car looks absolutely terrific, but don't even think about getting too close. It'll cost you! There are other cars out there that are a joy to drive, do the right thing - buy a coupe!

The lines are beautiful, interior is comfortable, and it drives like a true BMW.

Please fix the convertible roof so it works after 2 years. Correct the engine lag when in manual or don't offer a manual mode.

Too much fun in the sun
By NC6Driver

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

This car is not the best in any category, there are better looking, faster, cheaper, whatever the category. But as a package, this car is the one to take out on a winding road on a Saturday afternoon. Or you can just drop the top and actually enjoy your drive to work, as I do. It has all the power you need to be pushing well to the right side of 100 by the end of the average on ramp. It sticks to corners like glue. And yet is behaved enough to not look like you are finally living out your high school fantasy - even if that is exactly really what you're doing.

Big 8 has lots of compression, makes downshifting the auto a lot of fun to use when attacking the corners. Something you can't do with a smaller engine. And it has just the right level of engine growl to make going under overpasses or tunnels make you grin real wide.

Surface more basic controls. iDrive really isn't all that bad. But being able to adjust vent levels easier while driving is harder than it needs be. I miss the real time mpg readings. The car can achieve decent mileage if you behave yourself. Behaving yourself if just the hard part.

Beauty in motion
By Davem

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

A blast to drive - can't leave it in the garage and take the Lexus!

Sheer acceleration - but the brakes are phenomenal!

Including a rear seat wind baffle as standard rather than a $570 optional accessory would make noise with the top down much less an issue. Too much buffeting with the top down over 70 mph.

Sporty yet practical.
By Dr. Karl

2004 BMW 6 Series 645Ci 2dr Convertible (4.4L 8cyl 6M)

Just invested in a used 2004 645Ci convertible, Sapphire black on cream leather with a 6-speed manual transmission, with only 16000 miles... great vehicle!! Combining performance, fun-to-drive factor and practicality (can take some friends in comfort in back seat). Although the design is now nearly 3 years old, the 645's beauty will never age. Would recommend the car to anyone with car-fever.

Performance, handling, 6-speed manual, comfort with practicality, uniqueness.

No satellite radio pre-wiring on 2004 models