2015 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

Shock and Awe!
By Lyle

2015 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought the car one year ago. Was shocked at what I paid for it, but awed by how wonderful the car is. We had test driven an A6 and a GS350. both the Audi and Lexus had too low a ground clearance to begin with (we need to go on private gravel road and put a crown on the road. I didn't need a high priced road grader to take it back off) We found the GS350 with AWD drove like you would expect a truck to feel. We were not impressed by the Audi dealers around us (within 60 mi) There is more road noise in the 535i than we had with the Buick Lacrosse we owned, probably because of the run flat tires. I would rather have radials and a spare. BMW really needs to add remote start to its vehicles! Otherwise, I think the car is fantastic. Would do it again but without the run flat tires.

bmw black beauty
By robert sheets

2015 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I just bought m 535 I 3 days ago. ive driven all American luxury brands and in my mind they don't even come close to my bmw. I love my bmw

Best of both worlds
By Jerry

2015 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

The 535i xdrive gives you great performance/comfort and awd capability. I purchased it in December 2014 and had no problem getting through one of the worst winters in the Northeast with the standard all season tires. I have had several suv's and can honestly say I don't miss them. I've put 24,500 on it with no problems. I've been to the dealer twice for oil changes and cabin filter which were included in the free maintenance program ( 4yr/50k miles ).

Love this car!
By Jamie

2015 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my first BMW, though in the past I have owned an Audi and two Mercedes Benzes along with a host of lesser cars. I've had the car for five months and to be honest I can't see ever buying any other make of car ever again. The dealership experience was among the best I've ever had and their follow-up has been on point - helpful but not overbearing. The car handles beautifully and delivers all the driving experience anyone could want. Build quality appears excellent (no problems) and the materials used are first-rate. I have only one issue, which is that the infotainment system is overly complicated. You learn it eventually, but there's a lot of redundancy and more than a few answers to questions that, as far as I know, no one is asking. Still, I consider this car an unbeatable value, and can honestly say that in this class there's nothing else on the road I'd rather be driving.

One year later, I'm still in love with my BMW. Nothing has changed to alter the opinions expressed above, with the sole exception that the beige leather upholstery is harder to keep clean than I'd anticipated. There have been no quality or reliability issues. Driving it remains a joy.

Seven in a row
By Joe

2015 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have had seven BMWs ranging from a classic 1973 3.0 CS Coupe, to this new 535i. Cars in between included a 95' 325is, 95 M3, another 95' 325is, 2009 328i and my 2000 528i that i have driven every day for the last 15 years. The Twin-Turbo 525i is an incredible engine, and delivers true enjoyment overtime I get into the car.

The performance is amazing. The attention to detail is incredible. I have not looked at a new car in 15 years, and this is by far the best I have had the pleasure of enjoying. BMW performance, luxury appointments and the bonus of incredible gas mileage for a car this size is a bonus no matter how you look at it.

The only drawback to the 5 Series in general is the back seat is uncomfortable for any trip of over an hour. We had considered taking this wonderful car to an out of state wedding with passengers, and ended up renting an alternate vehicle for our 600 mile trip.