Used 2013 BMW 5 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

2013 550i
By William

2013 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

Piece of cheap junk
By lns

2013 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought a 2013 CPO 528XI and I also got the 100K warranty. Lucky I did. The first thing I noticed was the door panels and console covering coloring coming off. The tan interior on the door panels and console was turning. At first I thought it was dirt. But when I started “cleaning” it I realized it was actually the tan coloring coming off. Brake rotors have to be replaced every 25,000 of highway driving. Next BMW had to replace the transaxle. Then the turbo charger and all lines had to be replaced. It uses a quart of oil every 6,000 miles. BMW says that is normal. After turbo replaced, my gas mileage has gone down by 4 MPG. I’m 66 years of age and I have had many cars in my life time. But in all honestly, I can actually say this is the worse car I have ever owned. And I have owned, everything from Mercedes to VWs to Corvettes to Chevy trucks. The car is made of cheap materials.

Awesome Car!
By beachbum20

2013 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I’ve had my 2013 BMW 528i for a little over a year and I love it - best car I've owned.

I’ve driven sports cars and luxury sedans and for me this is a great hybrid of “fun to drive” and “creature comfort”. The 4-cyl engine is plenty powerful for city and highway driving and the fuel economy is surprisingly good. It’s a very comfortable car for daily driving and easily accommodates four adults. The interior is quiet, comfortable, luxurious, and attractive. The handling is excellent. I purchased it from a BMW dealer as a CPO vehicle and I haven’t had any reliability issues.

Overall, the 528i is an excellent car with a great balance of luxury, comfort, sportiness, and fuel economy

Responsive handling, fuel economy, interior design, quiet cabin, auto door unlock.

Good luck if you have to TOW or Service it.
By greenwichct1

2013 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I drove over a rock and had to have the car towed to the BMW in Port Chester, NY.
It took visits from 3 tow trucks to finally get one that would crawl underneath the car to put it in neutral when off. The guy told me he would never do that if I had broken down on the highway. BMW assist was clueless.

Car needed a muffler which took 10 days for BMW service Port Chester to get it from Germany.
Then they decided it needed another muffler part which was backordered 2 months! In all it would be 2.5 months to fix a muffler! They couldn't care less about the inconvenience to me.

Nice car, nice drive but not as good as 2010 model and to save gas you have to drive it in ECO mode which gives you no pickup, etc.

Fix the issue with having to crawl under the car to put it in neutral. What's wrong with the parts situation? Why do they come from Germany. Bad attitude from BMW Service and the dealer would not get involved. Once you buy or lease the car, they could care less about your experience.

Great Car!
By misarah305

2013 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Traded my 2011 328i for the 2013 528i, and I love it! The interior is extremely nice and the idrive system is great.
There are some very high tech features that took me some time to get used to.
Although the exterior is a bit conservative, there something about it that gives it a classy look to it.
I am very happy with the overall performance of this car.
The ride is a lot quieter and smoother. I'm very pleased and know I made the right decision.

active seats, navigation system, idrive, heads up display, night vision, lane departure assist, rear and side cameras

I can't think of anything. If I do, I will come back and make a comment.