2013 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Performance Hybrid Winner

2013 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

ActiveHybrid 5 Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo Hybrid 8-speed Automatic)

Performance Hybrid Winner
By zaxman on

2013 BMW 5 Series ActiveHybrid 5 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

This is my 5th BMW and my second in the 5 series line. I had 2010 535 and loved it. I was going to order an X1 2.8 M-line, but the sales manager mentioned the arrival of new car the day I stopped by see my salesperson. I was not looking for an ActiveHybrid 5 but an outstanding discount on top of the $4500 eco-credit sealed the deal. The car has all the performance of a 535 and added fuel economy. It is early yet but on the same circuit of driving I averaged 24 MPG with my 2010 535 and I am in the low 30s with this one. With 25% better MPG and the eco-credit, the price difference between the regular 535 and hybrid disappears. Check one out if you can. They are difficult to find.

I really like the Luxory seating package. The active seats are worth the money. I also like the idea of the integrated navigation and hybrid systems. The hybrid wheels are distinctive as well. Plus, you can't beat the warranty.

Reduction in weight and more trunk space would be nice.