2013 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: six month review

2013 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

535i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

six month review
By blus535i on

2013 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned my 535i for six months and love the car. I have had no issues at all with it and have already put 8,500 miles on the car. I average 27-28 mpg combined and have gotten 35-36 mpg on the highway doing 70mph. I have gotten a lot of compliments on the car it is Deep Sea Blue with Gray interior and W-spoke wheels. My car had a special production run with these wheels and I love these wheels. My only complaint's no spare tire and the cup holder on the manual is useless. I don't plan on putting run flats back on the car too expensive for the staggered wheels. The car is fast, smooth and quiet.

Excellent gas mileage for this type of car, nice interior/exterior design, excellent quality in material and much more solid than my 2008 528i.

Would really like a spare tire and a decent cup holder would be good.
By greenwichct1
on 03/06/14 10:34 AM (PST)

You've obviously not had to have it towed or serviced yet. The tow guys need to crawl underneath the car to put it in neutral with the ignition off. There used to be a way to do this from inside the car, but no longer. They told me they would never do this on the highway. FYI when you use the run flats they have to be replaced at $300 a pop. It took BMW service one month to get my muffler fixed and for another muffler part, two months as it was backordered in Germany!