2013 535I - Great Car - Fun to drive - but...
By steve_dimas on
2013 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)
The 535i has the right mix of Sport, comfort and fuel economy for my budget. I have one technology issue with the car and the Auto Stop feature which shuts down the engine when you come to a stop for more than and a few seconds with the idea it saves on fuel cost. However, in my experience its more annoying than what it's worth as in most cases with city driving the engine shuts off just seconds before it has to restarted again. In stop n go traffic it's absolutely ridiculous. Also, with auto stop it can give you the impression the car is off when parked when in fact it is not.
Favorite Features
Looks, Drive, Technology Package, Navigation, Smart phone connector, Comfort.
Suggested Improvements
!.)Auto Stop feature - Provide a way by default turn it on or off. Frankly, just get ride of it. It has a limited use case. 2.) Better indication the car is actually turned off. All the electronics in the car remain running when you turn the car off for several minutes. With Auto Stop the car engine maybe off but the electronics are still running. (I drained the battery one night because I thought the car was off) 3.)Volume controls on the steering wheel - should be on the other side of the steering wheel.