2013 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Good But Not Great
By rudycassap on 01/31/13 22:05 PM (PST)

2013 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

After telling myself not to do another BMW since I hate turbocharging, I went and did it because of the lease deal. Also, the cars are getting to be soft while Mercedes offers sport versions of their cars and regular tires (no run flats). Why didn't I go MB? This is not a bad car. It is just boring to look at and boring to drive. The M sport package helps but the sport suspension tuning is still soft.

Merry Christmas to ME
By rickbmw on 12/14/12 13:50 PM (PST)

2013 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've owned a 550, 535 and a 328 and by far the 2013 528 is the best BMW I've owned. You won't know you're driving a 4 cylinder turbo - it is faster than the previous regular 6 cylinder. Comparing it to my previous 5 series, it is an upgrade in luxury.

Performance Hybrid Winner
By zaxman on 10/10/12 20:37 PM (PDT)

2013 BMW 5 Series ActiveHybrid 5 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

This is my 5th BMW and my second in the 5 series line. I had 2010 535 and loved it. I was going to order an X1 2.8 M-line, but the sales manager mentioned the arrival of new car the day I stopped by see my salesperson. I was not looking for an ActiveHybrid 5 but an outstanding discount on top of the $4500 eco-credit sealed the deal. The car has all the performance of a 535 and added fuel economy. It is early yet but on the same circuit of driving I averaged 24 MPG with my 2010 535 and I am in the low 30s with this one. With 25% better MPG and the eco-credit, the price difference between the regular 535 and hybrid disappears. Check one out if you can. They are difficult to find.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 BMW 5 Series in VA is:

$161 per month*