This New BMW 5 Series Leaves Very Little to be Desired!
By robetross on
2012 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)
I bought my new 528i back in March. This was my very first luxury car. I was looking for something fuel efficient but loaded with all the luxury options you can get. The fuel efficiency is outstanding for such a large car and I love the engine start/stop feature when waiting at a light. I got the Space Grey Metallic with Dakota Leather, Luxury Seating Pkg, Premium Pkg, Technology Pkg, Premium Sound Pkg, and Comfort Access Keyless Entry. The seats are the most comfortable car seats I've ever been in. I test drove the Mercedes E Class Driving feedback is much better than the E Class. The steering wheel was very light on the E Class car, plus there were fewer luxury options available.
Favorite Features
I really liked the lights in the door handles that light the ground below you. It really makes the car stand out and it's functional, too. The comfort access key is well worth the extra $1,000. It's so nice not having to pull the key out of my pocket each time I get in and out and start the car. I also enjoyed being able to open the trunk with my foot when my hands are full. It has come in handy a few times. The power folding mirrors. The auto-dimming mirrors are great for dealing with drivers with aftermarket headlights that blind drivers. The LED corona ring daytime running lights really look sharp. The ventilated seats are great in the summer and keep you from sweating.
Suggested Improvements
Put the soft-close doors back as an option for the 528i and 535i. Add LED headlights as an option. Put a better quality glove box in the car. My 96 Accord had a more solid feeling glove box than this car. Overall, it is a great car and has much more luxury than any other car in its class. There are not many other luxury features I could want on this car.