My 3rd BMW in 6 years
By luvinmybmw on
2012 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)
I had a 2007 BMW 530i, a 2009 BMW 328i and now a 2012 BMW 528i. My favorite was the 2007. My second favorite is the 2012 528i. The 3 Series, which was a 2 door coupe, was nice, but way too small. I'm not a big guy...not over weight and i'm only 5-9. The 2007 was really sporty and in my opinion drove like it was a train on rails! The 328i drove the same, but again...too small. The 2012 528i is absolutely beautiful. It looks like a small 7 series. Only problem, is it just doesn't "feel" like a BMW to me. It is not the "ultimate driving machine" I'm used to. However, in sport mode, it feels much better and sportier, but it is bulky like a Lexus (which i have owned). Interior is nice.
Favorite Features
The exterior is without a doubt a head turner. I get strangers telling me what a beautiful car it is. I had one guy tell me that I must be rich to get a car like that. I laughed and said, "don't I wish". If I were rich, I would have a Bently and an Astin Martin DB7!! oh, and a house on beach front property with garages to park them in! /wink
Suggested Improvements
Please please leave well enough alone BMW! Stop trying to make your car feel like a Lexus! or Toyota...or whatever...same thing (just teasing you Lexus owners). It is supposed to be a driving machine! Bring the driving aspect back!! What's with the suspension options?? For heavens sake...that is what Lexus does! I like driving a car that feels solid, sporty and responsive. Not floaty, bulky and unsure. Please get rid of the suspension options and go back to what you do best and that is making driving machines. If I wanted a Lexus, Cadillac or Lincoln, I would buy one and save money in the process! Enough said.....