2012 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Most boring BMW I've ever owne

2012 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

528i xDrive Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

Most boring BMW I've ever owned...
By jwjusaf on

2012 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Lets just say that I've had the car for 3 weeks and am already looking for another car. I've had 3 BMWs before this one, and none of them were this soul draining and boring. It lacks power, and handles more like a Cadillac than a BMW. The steering it far too soft as well. The X1 that I drove when it was in for a recall was more engaging and exciting to drive. I actually was hoping that the dealer would wreck it or that it would catch on fire to keep me from having to deal with a trade in. The car is almost as boring as my 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid.

The gas mileage is good, and it's a quiet ride.

Go back to BMW roots... "Driving Excitement". The car is so uninspiring to drive that I hate myself for spending so much money on it. If I wanted Mercedes handling, I would have bought one. Less depreciation would be nice. The sticker was ~63K (loaded). The BMW dealership appraises it at 43K trade in now. $20K depreciation already!?!? OOF!