2012 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Most boring BMW I've ever owned...
By jwjusaf on 10/17/12 18:49 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Lets just say that I've had the car for 3 weeks and am already looking for another car. I've had 3 BMWs before this one, and none of them were this soul draining and boring. It lacks power, and handles more like a Cadillac than a BMW. The steering it far too soft as well. The X1 that I drove when it was in for a recall was more engaging and exciting to drive. I actually was hoping that the dealer would wreck it or that it would catch on fire to keep me from having to deal with a trade in. The car is almost as boring as my 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid.

This vehicle is a $60K joke!
By dino29 on 08/25/12 13:41 PM (PDT)

2012 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The car drives & performs like it should except for two major faults: The start & stop is very rough & passengers quickly notice it. To shut the vehicle off is a real bummer - Push the off button & the interior stays on - Push it again & cthe vehicle restarts . . . Frustrating to say the least.

Beat my expectations!
By akeyes on 04/02/12 07:49 AM (PDT)

2012 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I came out of a 2010 BMW 528i Xdrive and was concerned about the new design, new engine etc. Well, I have the care 2 days now and love driving this car! The 4 CYL was my biggest concern and after a few days of highway and street driving, I am totally impressed. How did the Germans figure out a way to increase the HP and Torque, provide much better gas mileage with a smaller engine, GENIUS! The new look of the car is beautiful with striking hood design, the classic kidney grill and a wider stance than my previous car. I purchased the car in Dark Graphite Metallic and black leather interior, a perfectly beautiful combination.

My first Bimmer
By ssi05 on 03/01/12 10:53 AM (PST)

2012 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Handling is exceptional, no issues with run flat tires as reviews suggest. The car handles bumps very well and corners like a charm. Sport mode makes it handle like a true sports sedan. Even at high speeds (100 mph+), driver feels totally in control of the car. Technology: The Navigation software is buggy and hard to work, I prefer to use my phone over car's GPS. The car is not 100% keyless. You would still need to pull the remote out of your pocket each time you need to lock/unlock the car. The 4 cylinder turbo has a lag and takes some time to get going. Downshifting from 2nd to 1st gear, drivers can definitely feel the minor ‘thud’

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 BMW 5 Series in VA is:

$181 per month*