Transmission Problems
By noles01 on
2011 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 8A)
This is my third BMW 5 Series and I'm afraid it's my last...... The transmission hestitation at low speeds is absolutely maddening. It's much worse than any turbo lag. I wish i still had my 2008 528i. I've taken it to the dealer three times and was told "it's just the nature of the beast and there is nothing we can do". Sure wish I would have read about the conerns posted here before I leased this car for 36 months. Four months and four thousand miles of misery. Doubt I can last. My new Bimmer is a Bummer. Any ideas?
By mike620
on 10/07/11 07:59 AM (PDT)

Hi, Has your issue been resolved yet?

By noles01
on 10/11/11 16:49 PM (PDT)

No. I took it to a different BMW dealer service department as BMW North America directed. Tech said he gets the same complaint a few times a day. i just returned from a trip and my entry level rental car was more fun to drive...Now my car seems even worse....

By kjh11
on 11/30/11 13:00 PM (PST)

11/30/2011: I have experienced the same problem with my 2011 528i. I've gone to 3 BMW dealerships: 2 of them said they had heard of the problem but knew of no solution as yet, the 3rd claimed to have no knowledge of the problem. I plan to contact BMW to register my complaint.