2011 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Tires tires and more wheels

2011 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

2011 BMW 5 Series

535i xDrive Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

Tires tires and more wheels
By techman9 on

2011 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I too thought this was the car I always wanted and blindly bought this long awaited model. at 10k miles 6 rims and 5 tires later I need to bring it back again for 4 more. The ride though great when I first took delivery of the vehicle has been reduced to that of a early 90's truck; unresponsive transmission, steering that has no driver feedback whatsoever. Many of of the electronics
malfunction consistently causing me to turn off the vehicle to reset, navigation system is one of the worse in the industry as well as the audio system. iPhone adaptor overheated my iPhone causing it to have to be replaced.

All this and dimpled paint. Yes dimpled paint in the day and age.

Run from this car

I am sure I will find a favorite feature on my next Audi

Everyone is entitle to making a mistake however mistakes must be rectified. BMW customer service is the worst in the industry in my opinion. Completely unresponsive. I asked for a BMW district rep to contact me and no one did nor would they give me a phone or email address Selling dealer and a different service dealer are still not assisting me.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By techman9
on 06/25/11 04:26 AM (PDT)

Update to this review, I brought my car in for service, two more bent rims and 2 tires with bubbles. This is now a total of 8 bent rims and I have replaced 5 tires. I think I have a huge safety issue with the vehicle If you look at all other postings and the NHTSA website as well as Edmunds many other 5 series owners are having the same issue. Could this be another Bridgestone or Toyota?

By sma3
on 05/01/12 20:31 PM (PDT)

Seems like Car and Driver had a quite-similar experience on their 535i long-term tester with bent rims and replacement tires: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2011-bmw-535i-long-term-road-test-review

By jayrandall
on 09/17/11 19:47 PM (PDT)

Perhaps you bent the rims? Whoever heard of so many bent rims. You sound like a horrible driver.