2011 BMW 5 Series 3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - My first BMW

2011 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

535i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

My first BMW
By jason60051 on

2011 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first BMW and I am very impressed with the vehicle overall. I researched vehicles in the luxury midsize class and always came back to the BMW 5 series. Found a dealer with a brand new leftover 2011 and was able to negotiate almost $14k off sticker. Reading some of the reviews about the automatic transmission made me decide to go with the manual and I haven't looked back. The slick short throws make the driving experience top notch.

Favorite Features

My favorite features on this car is the 6 speed manual, soft close doors, premium sound system, streaming bluetooth audio, smooth engine with great mpg's, large navi screen, lane departure and blind spot monitoring to name a few. Also the vehicle has a fantastic chassis along with almost no rattles anywhere in the cabin.

Suggested Improvements

If I could suggest some improvements on the vehicle they would be: Less sensitive tire pressure monitoring system...the tires always seem to be low on air in the cold weather. Seems to be a little engine hesitation at low rpm's...I blame that on turbo lag.