2011 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Hesitation Problems driving me

2011 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

528i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 8-speed Automatic)

Hesitation Problems driving me crazy!
By wonmarco on

2011 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

I would think twice about purchasing this vehicle. I have had a big problem with surging and hesitation at low speeds. The dealer has insisted that it is normal with the adaptive transmission, but I can assure you it is not normal! (Google BMW F10 transmission problems and you will see the problem is widespread). The sad thing is that I really love the rest of the car, but after spending $50,000+, I don't think I should be dealing with this. It really takes the pleasure out of owning the car.

Everything except the low speed / stop and go driving.

Fix the persistant transmission problems.
By redskinsgo
on 02/09/11 11:29 AM (PST)

I had the exactly same problem a few weeks ago (I posted this in the comment section for the review right before yours). I went to my dealer to have my car checked and they said a mechatronic part should be replaced. I had to wait for the part for about a week. Finally, they replaced it and now it runs as smooth as butter. No hesitation what so ever. I will keep monitoring to see if the problem comes back. Anyway, you should insist that your dealer should consult with the headquarter to get your faulty mechatronic part replaced since it seems to be a well known issue.