2011 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: European trip with BMW

2011 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

528i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 8-speed Automatic)

European trip with BMW
By Bull1379 on

2011 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

To drive this car on Autobahn (German Highway) was a joy. It's what its built for. I picked my car up in Munich (through European Delivery Program) and drove for 2 weeks in Europe covering 5,151 km (over 3,000 miles) and 12 different countries. Like an Amazing Race, so 3 of us practically lived in it. Went 143 mph while passing German cops. Drove on Nurburgring (German racing track), great handling of a 143 turns. Crossed Alps via Stelvio Pass. I don't mind driving for 24 hrs and this BMW is one of the joyful and comfortable machines to do it. It's more of a comfort oriented then performance.

It's LOOKS. I really didn't like the way the 5th Generation looked. This F10 looks strong, authentic and just right. It's how a BMW should look in my eyes.

It's my first BMW, and I can't compare. But I was glad I added optional split back-seats. With a 3 huge suitcases it was impossible to fit them all in the trunk.