Battery
By father4girls on
2011 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)
I bought my 2011 BMW 535IX back in Oct 2010 and have loved it since day one. The car is great and the dealership is great, I am just concerned that they replaced my battery for the 2nd time in just under 3 years. I am on my 3rd battery and my concern is what happens when the free service contract expires next year? Is it just my car or does BMW have an electrical issue here?
By jakco
on 02/26/14 16:03 PM (PST)

First day on this site. I read with interest your concern relative to battery life. I bought a CPO 2011 535I Xdrive on December 14, 2013. Due to the weather in the northeast I haven't driven the car more then short trips around town. I shut the car of the other day and was informed that I have to replace the battery already. The car has 33,000 miles and looking back over the history of this car I notice they had to deep charge the battery at only 18,000 original miles. I know the car has a lot of electrical draw, but is changing the battery going to be something I will have to do every three years? Any comments would be appreciated.

By aford5
on 03/27/14 13:16 PM (PDT)

I've a recently acquired CPO 2011 535i (manual) that I'm immensely enjoying, and the battery ran low once sitting in my cold garage for a few days (I'm in Canada). The dealership sold/installed a BMW trickle charger that sits in cubbyhole in trunk. They see this problem often and had the charger in stock. If the car is driven short trips and sits around in cold for several days, you probably should get the charger.