2011 BMW 5 Series 528i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Better than I ever Thought
By Markymarc on 08/04/10 12:21 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

So, I've only had my 535i for about a week, But so far it's been amazing! The finish and quality are beyond anything I've seen before, and I've had many E and S class sedans! Also considered the new E and the new M, and after driving the new 5, there was no question. The E is over a full second slower and interior felt cheap with too many hard angles. The M couldn't touch the flawless ride of the BMW (but it does have a better stereo!) In the end, the new 5 was the fastest, handled the best, and had the richest interior. You HAVE to see the anthracite wood. I REALLY regret not getting the sport package. For $2k, the wheels are much nicer, adjustable ride amazing, and seats are way better!

Fabulous!
By Guy on 07/21/10 12:43 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

535, 8 speed auto, sport package, premium package etc. Fun to drive, adaptive drive system can be changed with my mood. Controls intuitive. Quality materials contribute to solid feel. Engine has power to spare, transmission smooth. Very quiet cabin. Seats incredibly comfortable. Audio system sound excellent. Its a harmony of technology and power providing a superb driving experience.

If you appreciate cars, look no further!
By Tom on 07/18/10 10:37 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

I've always been hesitant to purchase a BMW, and this is my first, whether due to the stigma or wanting to pursue a less predictable path, I've just avoided them. After jumping in to this car however, I can say I'm amazed with it. In spite of driving some very good sedans, this thing is just remarkable. The looks, both inside and out are outstanding. The refinement in this beast is special. I didn't realize a mid-size sedan could look, handle and perform like this either. Absolutely no complaints. It's all good.

2011 528i
By fmc on 07/14/10 11:56 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

Have had our new 2011 5 series about one week. Had a 2008 model & the 2011 is much improved. Many improvements. This is our third BMW & is a great car with outstanding handling, comfort, styling, performance & unbelievable gas mileage. Also our BMW dealership gives great service.

The Charro to heaven
By BMW550iSport on 07/12/10 12:25 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is amazing, so different from previous one yet better overall. Now you no longer need to compromise the practicality for the performance of BMW 5 series. Test drove the M37, E350, XF and Cayenne S, this one standout as overall winner. Sport package is absolutely needed to complete the car.

The Best of The Best
By bmw5er on 07/06/10 20:55 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

All I can say is perfection. My parents just bought me this car and this is by far the best car I have ever driven. It came pretty equipped with sport package, premium 2 package, heads up display, and other options. The color is a new graphite color that makes the car really stand out. It's beyond beautiful. So much fun to drive. Very quite and very smooth. I will forever now always have a BMW because of this car.

2011 550i
By kevin on 07/05/10 22:55 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

Very fun to drive. Powerful V8 Twin turbo is exhilarating with low end torque. thirsty for gas..better interior upgrade compare with 2010 model.

Great Car
By Bobbyboy on 06/30/10 19:59 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Rides, Drives , Runs and Looks are all killer! I am very impressed with this car. The gas mileage so far has been GREAT. 30 MPG with plenty of power.

Best 5 Series EVER!
By Pete on 06/20/10 18:32 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned 4 BMW 5 series in the last 10 years and this new 5 series, esp. my 550i, is simply the BEST! It may also well be the Best sports sedan on the planet right now! How do I begin? Amazing power and acceleration, amazing handling, amazing ride quality, luxurious and well-crafted/well-designed interior, extremely comfortable seats. Tons of gadgets. Large and hi-res NAV screen. Very cool interior ambient lighting (esp. at night). I highly recommend the Sports Package (with Dynamic Handling)as it really transforms the car and takes it to the next level. Yes, it's quite expensive (esp. with all the options) but it's worth every penny! Life is short, live while you can!

BMW does it again!
By nowake on 06/11/10 06:48 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

All I can say is you owe it to yourself to drive this car. I have owned many cars and have never been happier with a vehicle. Do not listen to what you read on here. get out and let the car do the talking!