2011 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
The Best Sedan
By Steve on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my third BMW. This car is simply outstanding. It looks great outside and inside. It has the perfect combination of luxury and performance. The 4.4L engine is incredibly powerful/fast and the transmission is very smooth. The interior is incredibly nice also. This car is awesome.

First BMW
By dsbmw on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

Can't be happier with the new 5. Decided to wait for the new design and it was worth the wait.

Great Car
By scottz5 on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I love BMW and the new 5, I just wish BMW would not nickle and dime us. Like fold down rear seats as an option. Please the lowest price cars have this standard.

The best car ever made
By antoine bahi on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my second BMW , i will never change to other cars. drives solidly, handling is excellent, i enjoy being in the car ,

Awesome
By David H on 08/18/10 12:59 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

Great driving car, the audio system is fabulous. The build quality is also excellent. I love the power trunk and keyless entry. I am getting around 25 mpg combined and using middle grade. The changes made in the cruise control placing it on the wheel is wonderful. There is only one ultimate driving machine

Not the best 5
By mike on 08/07/10 20:31 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

Runflat tires ride harsh noisy and blowout. Had 750i with 20 inch tires the ride and handling much better. Steering feel is more like Lexus then BMW. Rear suspension hits bumps very harsh. Not what I expected from BMW. Rattles inside over bumps.

Better than I ever Thought
By Markymarc on 08/04/10 12:21 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

So, I've only had my 535i for about a week, But so far it's been amazing! The finish and quality are beyond anything I've seen before, and I've had many E and S class sedans! Also considered the new E and the new M, and after driving the new 5, there was no question. The E is over a full second slower and interior felt cheap with too many hard angles. The M couldn't touch the flawless ride of the BMW (but it does have a better stereo!) In the end, the new 5 was the fastest, handled the best, and had the richest interior. You HAVE to see the anthracite wood. I REALLY regret not getting the sport package. For $2k, the wheels are much nicer, adjustable ride amazing, and seats are way better!

Fabulous!
By Guy on 07/21/10 12:43 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

535, 8 speed auto, sport package, premium package etc. Fun to drive, adaptive drive system can be changed with my mood. Controls intuitive. Quality materials contribute to solid feel. Engine has power to spare, transmission smooth. Very quiet cabin. Seats incredibly comfortable. Audio system sound excellent. Its a harmony of technology and power providing a superb driving experience.

If you appreciate cars, look no further!
By Tom on 07/18/10 10:37 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

I've always been hesitant to purchase a BMW, and this is my first, whether due to the stigma or wanting to pursue a less predictable path, I've just avoided them. After jumping in to this car however, I can say I'm amazed with it. In spite of driving some very good sedans, this thing is just remarkable. The looks, both inside and out are outstanding. The refinement in this beast is special. I didn't realize a mid-size sedan could look, handle and perform like this either. Absolutely no complaints. It's all good.

2011 528i
By fmc on 07/14/10 11:56 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

Have had our new 2011 5 series about one week. Had a 2008 model & the 2011 is much improved. Many improvements. This is our third BMW & is a great car with outstanding handling, comfort, styling, performance & unbelievable gas mileage. Also our BMW dealership gives great service.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 5 Series in VA is:

$150 per month*