2011 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
2011 BMW 528
By windsurfing1 on 01/27/11 18:38 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

My previous BMW ownership included a 1998 528 and a BMW 328 convertible, owning these cars have turned me into a BMW fan. Then I bought this 2011 528 with reasonable amount of expectation, but it turned out to be a big disappointment. I only have one complaint about the new BMW, and it is a substantial one. The new 8 speed transmission has a almost turbo lag kinda delay followed by a surge of power when accelerating in low gears, probably because it has a adaptive mode trying to learn your driving style, that drive by wire feature alone kills the overall driving experience of a bimmer.

Best BMW I've owned 550i M-Sport 2011
By 727jbh on 01/18/11 04:56 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned a 2000 740i, 2004 745Li and a 2007 750Li and this 2011 550i is hands down better than any of those 7's. The ride, power, options and comfort are all perfect. The Nappa leather comfort seats are amazing and all the controls are perfectly positioned. The engine and transmission are smooth and powerful. I've installed the Dinan software upgrade and get 495 hp and 573 torque and the car is a rocket in Sport +. This car is worth every penny and the fit and finish of all the materials are top notch. You will not be disappointed in this car.

Awesome all around sports sedan
By jamesg on 01/17/11 17:32 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 3rd v8 5 series. while less sporty than the e39 model, this model more than offsets the reduce road feel with smooth performance. the engine and sport auto transmission work great together - acceleration is effortless at any speed. the dynamic suspension is very good and there is a visible difference between the settings. significantly more luxurious than prior models. the idrive is much more responsive and synchs up quickly when starting the car. emailing directions to the navi saves a lot of time too. still getting used to the active cruise control, but appreciate the collision detection feature. overall a great ride for both driver and passengers.

2011 BMW 535i Automatic, model not listed for review
By batman38 on 01/15/11 11:28 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Have the car a month and all driving has been City. avg. 18 mpg. Car is exceptionally quiet and this car embodies all you would expect from this segment , from outstanding fit and finish to fine interior appointments. Ride and handling are excellent, surprising with the 18" run flats. For 2011 BMW still hasn't fixed the problem with a skittish non-navigation i-drive system as the radio screen keeps changing along with the station. It's as if it's possessed and the dealer still hasn't responded with a fix. The other annoyance is that the car does not come equipped, as most luxury cars do, with the driver's seat moving to its rear position when one leaves the vehicle.

JUST A GREAT CAR
By mike650 on 01/06/11 18:57 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my first BMW (not including my conv, which was my toy) and I must say it certainly beats my Benz and alll that preceeded it (Merecedes sinse 1986). Fast, quiet commfortable and a beauty. I have had it only two weeks but I just can't get over it. Before you drop $60M large try this thing, it's amazing.

Still Happy with it after a month of driving
By michaeljdiesen on 01/05/11 11:03 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

I got my 2011 BMW528i about a month ago and wanted to drive it a while before commenting on it. I purchased it as a replacement to my 1998 BMW528i that I had for 13 years! Now for the review: The interior is luxurious! The iDrive is new for me but after a few weeks of getting used to it, I like it. Why no touch screen though? The stereo is nice but could be a little better. The front seats seem cramped to me, maybe narrow the center console a bit? The automatic transmission seems sluggish until you shift into sport mode. The exterior is flawless. I haven't noticed any problems with the run flat tires but have been warned by many people to expect it.

First Five Series
By eip on 01/04/11 19:39 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

Recently moved up from an 06 330i. Really like the ride and quiet of the new 528 but does not handle as well as 3 series. Excellent highway car and still good in the curves but some of the sportiness is gone as a tradeoff for comfort.

Overall Quite Good
By ace46 on 01/03/11 12:55 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

I look for any excuse at all to go and drive it. Once I dreaded having to run late-night errands. Not any more!

550i - I'm Smitten!
By bmwftw on 12/20/10 16:52 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 5 Series 550i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

5th 5 Series Owned: The exterior styling of the new F10 550i (M Sport), while more modern than classic, is extremely eye catching and contemporary. It's an excellent refinement of the Flame Surfacing started under Chris Bangle in 2004. Versus the 2005-2010 (E60) 5 Series the 2011 (F10) 5 Series is a wholly more cohesive and less polarizing body style that exudes luxury and a bit of aggression while in motion. The interior offers beautiful materials, a perfect driving position and styling that is more inviting than previous generations. The incredible array of useful tech features, adaptable chassis and drivetrain as well as overall performance are simply incredible. A remarkable package!

BMW 535 M PACKAGE
By bmw4ever1 on 12/20/10 02:23 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is by far better 5 then the older model. I don't think there is a car on the market that can match all in one factors such as performance , comfort and style. M package gave it even more style and extra handling features. This bmw can't be compered to any other car in it's class.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 5 Series in VA is:

$150 per month*