2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
No BMW USA Service Support
By blunt1 on 09/14/11 07:55 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

While my salesman was one of the most knowledgeable salesman I have ever encountered, I was reassured that this very expensive investment would receive any service and support it needed. I drove the car off of the lot with a warning message regarding the electrical system. Two trips back to the dealer I finally get a new battery. Second trip back I explained that the road noise and pulling to the right was excessive. Their response was, "well its just the sports suspension", and nothing we can do. Third trip was concern about a quart of oil added every 7,000 miles. Nothing they can do. Now I need $2200 in tires, and the car leaks. No support for this lemon of a car.

Great car for the money
By rlandrews on 08/14/11 17:18 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

i bought a 550i with 6-speed and sport package. The engine is terrific. My last two cars have been Corvettes, and this car does not leave me wanting for more power. The torque is massive. I wish the suspension were a little more firm, and I question whether I should have ordered the Dynamic Handling Package on the car in addition to the sport package. Overall, a great car and much more car for the money than the Corvettes I have been driving.

Average
By bell10 on 06/30/11 19:34 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this car for a year and find it very average. The steering is terrible and the transmission gear selection is also terrible. The rest is borderline average. It demonstrates very little value for the money. Its much to heavy. Its far from the ultimate driving machine. Not much fun to drive.

too many problems for 70k car
By samsam3 on 02/12/11 16:14 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

I had many BMW before this F10, I like the style power and the comfort. The car has a very nice technology package and great sound system but it is short of being the ultimate driving machine any more. Since I got this car I had many problems :power steering pulling to the right, wrong amplifier installed, gear shifter stuck ,needed adding oil to the engine, comfort access had its own mind with lights turns on during day time. after 3 months I traded the car for Japanese Car which has every thing works perfect.

Best BMW I've owned 550i M-Sport 2011
By 727jbh on 01/18/11 04:56 AM (PST)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned a 2000 740i, 2004 745Li and a 2007 750Li and this 2011 550i is hands down better than any of those 7's. The ride, power, options and comfort are all perfect. The Nappa leather comfort seats are amazing and all the controls are perfectly positioned. The engine and transmission are smooth and powerful. I've installed the Dinan software upgrade and get 495 hp and 573 torque and the car is a rocket in Sport +. This car is worth every penny and the fit and finish of all the materials are top notch. You will not be disappointed in this car.

Awesome all around sports sedan
By jamesg on 01/17/11 17:32 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 3rd v8 5 series. while less sporty than the e39 model, this model more than offsets the reduce road feel with smooth performance. the engine and sport auto transmission work great together - acceleration is effortless at any speed. the dynamic suspension is very good and there is a visible difference between the settings. significantly more luxurious than prior models. the idrive is much more responsive and synchs up quickly when starting the car. emailing directions to the navi saves a lot of time too. still getting used to the active cruise control, but appreciate the collision detection feature. overall a great ride for both driver and passengers.

Overall Quite Good
By ace46 on 01/03/11 12:55 PM (PST)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

I look for any excuse at all to go and drive it. Once I dreaded having to run late-night errands. Not any more!

The Best Sedan
By Steve on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my third BMW. This car is simply outstanding. It looks great outside and inside. It has the perfect combination of luxury and performance. The 4.4L engine is incredibly powerful/fast and the transmission is very smooth. The interior is incredibly nice also. This car is awesome.

Not the best 5
By mike on 08/07/10 20:31 PM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

Runflat tires ride harsh noisy and blowout. Had 750i with 20 inch tires the ride and handling much better. Steering feel is more like Lexus then BMW. Rear suspension hits bumps very harsh. Not what I expected from BMW. Rattles inside over bumps.

If you appreciate cars, look no further!
By Tom on 07/18/10 10:37 AM (PDT)

2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6M)

I've always been hesitant to purchase a BMW, and this is my first, whether due to the stigma or wanting to pursue a less predictable path, I've just avoided them. After jumping in to this car however, I can say I'm amazed with it. In spite of driving some very good sedans, this thing is just remarkable. The looks, both inside and out are outstanding. The refinement in this beast is special. I didn't realize a mid-size sedan could look, handle and perform like this either. Absolutely no complaints. It's all good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 BMW 5 Series Sedan in NJ is:

$271 per month*