Used 2011 BMW 5 Series 528i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

I've driven the compettors and I'm happy I bought the BMW
By rdpalmercu

2011 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

I like the car. My parents have been mercedes fans since I was 16. Two s classes at one point for awhile. But I drive my father cls 550 and it is no more fun to drive and have a young family (2 & 4) than either the s- class which has the in headrest dvd players... okay, those are worth it they're nice. I have never been in position to afford such a car but I tested them all, the a6 came closest. It cost me roughly 35 with a 100k warranty, 24k miles on it when I bought it, premium package 2. Better acoustacics than the mercedes s class. Considering a new accord v-6 or maxima cost more I think it was a wise choice for an inevitabley poor investment.

Overvalued lemon
By ragril

2011 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

I've owned this car for almost two years. My first and last BMW. How much I regret this purchase. The ride is rough, noisy and irregular. This car has a problem. There is something wrong with the ride. It shudders and vibrates badly. Yet, the dealer has been useless. They find all sort of excuses in order to dismiss my concerns. It is supposed to be normal!!! When my beloved Honda Pilot 2006 rides smoother and straighter than my $60,000 2011 BMW, you can tell this junk is worth nothing. So much for the ultimate driving... scam!

I have to admit the shifting is smooth and the brakes powerful.

The computer interface feels like something coming from the 80's. The voice recognition is worthless. Overall, it's a brand sleeping on it's old-time laurels.

Disappointment city
By nomore528s

2011 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

I have had two 528 sedans in my life. The first was a 2000, and the second was a 2011. I picked both of them up at the facility in SC and drove both them to CA Lotsa' fun was had both times. The 2000 over the time I owned it was great... not a lick of trouble. The 2011 was more disappointing than my first wife. The first issue was those useless tires, one of which failed 3000 miles from home causing me to have to spend three nights in a hotel while a dealer ordered a replacement. Unacceptable! The next issue was the computer telling the power steering to stop working. Another computer glitch finished me. I traded for a 2011 Crown Vic. I'm much happier. Hitler was Bavarian too.

2011 528 lag machine
By jkmj9999

2011 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

it sucks !! don't buy it .. maybe for your grand parents .. step on the gas.. either lags or burst into speed (sport mode) from time to time.

put a 2007 650i engine in it !!!!

Transmission Problems
By noles01

2011 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 8A)

This is my third BMW 5 Series and I'm afraid it's my last...... The transmission hestitation at low speeds is absolutely maddening. It's much worse than any turbo lag. I wish i still had my 2008 528i. I've taken it to the dealer three times and was told "it's just the nature of the beast and there is nothing we can do". Sure wish I would have read about the conerns posted here before I leased this car for 36 months. Four months and four thousand miles of misery. Doubt I can last. My new Bimmer is a Bummer. Any ideas?