2010 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Very pleased so far with 2010

2010 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

Very pleased so far with 2010 535i
By Ron on

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Special ordered it with premium package, Logix 7 audio and active steering. Been driving it a little more than a month and extremely happy. It's simply the smoothest car I've ever driven. It feels so light and nimble, yet a very comfortable ride. This may sound corny, but I have a "melting" feeling whenever I drive it! And it's so quiet, like driving an electric car, even when stomping the gas. Active steering adds a whole new dimension to driving, both at low and high speeds; I'm very glad I went for it. It's at its best doing 80 MPH on a moderately crowded freeway, zipping around other cars. And what's all this fuss about idrive and the cup holders? No problems here!

Favorite Features

Active steering is awesome. Premium stereo is clean with lots of bass (but could use more volume). Interior is beautiful; admiring it while driving can be hazardous! Pop-out cup holders beat holes-in-console type, which are bad for collecting trash. Seats are very comfortable. Ample interior space.

Suggested Improvements

It does not like arrow-straight highways, possibly due to active steering. I'm still struggling with the cruise control. MPG gauge is just worthless; I'd rather a temperature gauge. Tiny glove compartment and console bin. Too much spring in trunk. Turbo lag is noticeable, if not irritating at times.