2010 BMW 528i
By oakleyg on
2010 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I purchased this BMW 528i used with 37,000 miles Replaced a 2008 Honda Accord. After 1 month, I can say I cold not be happier. My daily commute is 186 miles - I am avg 29 MPG - and have seen 30.2 MPG. at avg speeds of 70 MPH it is not a X drive, for snow I purchased the THULE tire chains off amazon - used them three times. They are excellent - and very easy to install.
Favorite Features
Comfort, heated seats, MPG, quietness compared to the Honda - I downloaded a free Decibel meter for my iPhone - the Honda was beyond annoyingly loud - 85 decibels - the 5 series is 65 decibels Trunk size good, full size spare, not run flat tires ( not a fan of these)
Suggested Improvements
I use satellite radio, this car had the hookup but not the radio - was shocked to hear from the Dealer, that BMW does not have enough satellite radios for projected warranty use, so they jacked the price to $1,300 for the radio - ok, seriously - why nor one radio for the series ? The 2010 5 series has two types, and they do not have enough radios for the base 528i model - found one on eBay. Also, the voice command system - useless and annoying beyond comment.
By oakleyg
on 11/19/14 19:53 PM (PST)

update on my 2010 528i - made it to 97,000 from 37,000. No real issues to report. At 97,000 the problems started. - Crankcase vent; rough running and loud sound from engine - One week later, engine light on. Vanos issues, car was not drivable. - two weeks later, more Vanos issues. Next weekend; sold the car. The following week, received letter from BMW on the VANOS system being covered for 10 years from the vehicle's in service date. You can get a refund for VANOS repairs. Not complaining about the car. Was a great ride and fun to drive. Trouble free for almost $100K miles.