2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Joy to drive
By Ryan on 04/14/10 18:58 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW 528i, power is adequate and gas mileage is excellent for car of this size. Truly wonder machine on road, feels glued, people slow down on turns I do opposite and car does not complain! It truly deserves ultimate driving machine title.

Lovin' It
By Mary on 03/20/10 07:12 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW and I love it. Thank goodness the iDrive has been updated. I read the horror stories but with the nav it is so easy, keeps your focus on the road not the dash. The car handles well on all roads, takes curves nicely, steering is easy. AWD did a great job with the snow we had in the Northeast US this winter. I am very pleased with the gas mileage, my last car, an STS, only got @ 18 mpg. I am averaging 23 mpg with the 528ix. The interior is roomy and comfortable. Even my very tall husband can easily get in and out. Only had the car 7 months and am really enjoying it.

BMW 535i is a wonder machine
By Steve on 03/12/10 13:07 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I was bit concerned with cost of this vehicle as it is more pricy than competitors. After driving it for 2 months and doing test drive for other competitors (Lexus, Audi, Infiniti) it is worth it! Solid handling and performance. The car challenges sharp turns and does not lean. 535i is a rocket on wheels,Turbo engine is a piece of art, excellent fuel consumption despite the engine size and power. Too early for reliability feedback but no issues so far

Best Sports Sedan
By scott on 03/09/10 15:53 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Searched high and low and could not find another vehicle that compared in terms of performance and pricing. Lexus is nice, but it is a completely different driving experience. The seat comfort of my sport model remains the best i have ever owned, and I've owned the infiniti q45, j30, Lexus gs, Saab, Volvo etc.

528xi
By hawk on 02/26/10 17:20 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

First time BMW owner, a solid car, fun to drive, break is strong and smooth, precision steering, communicative road feel, wish had 535i, power is okay, but feel a little weak when loaded with 5 people, Navigation told me to get off every exit on NJ TPK for no reason and then get back on no matter what mode I select. One time when fuel was low, the car was driving rough and jumping on the road, stopped the car, refueled, and restart - the problem run away.

Truly the ultimate driving machine
By Wonder machine on 02/24/10 07:32 AM (PST)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first BMW 535i, I have to say it truly deserves the ultimate driving machine title. The power is unbelievable and hard to stay on speed limit, handling is superb, reliability so far is too soon but no issues so far,this car can challenge easily anyone who doubt its power.

2010 550i M Sport - It growls
By Martin on 02/22/10 16:16 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I also own a 2000 540i. So my expectations of the 2010 550i were pretty high. It had to be the same or better. My expectations have been met. It's carbon black with cream interior includes all the M sport trims you can get. It's an excellent vehicle and fun to drive. If my wife asks me to get milk and eggs, I'll do it 2 trips. The vehicle with it's 19" wheels rides on rails, a notable growl can be expected from the mufflers after 4000rpm. Surprisingly smooth suspension. Has many hidden features not all described in the brochure. As with my older one, it's 10 years ahead of its time.

Problems Arise
By Ira on 02/18/10 15:04 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just before the 4000 mile mark, I noticed oil drips on my garage floor. I made a service appointment, and the next day, after being out overnite in a snowstorm, it had a hard time starting, and then driving at speed, the "engine malfunction - reduce power" warning lite came on. We were near a BMW dealer so stopped there - they diagnosed the engine warning as a fuel pressure sensor failure; and they could not precisely diagnose the oil leak, saying that the transmission will have to be removed to see where it is leaking. The work requires sending pictures and documentation to Germany for repair authorization, so i can expect to be without the car for up to a week. Unacceptable reliability.

Engine Malfunction
By Darrell on 02/12/10 11:24 AM (PST)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the third BMW that I have owned (335i and 2 ea 535i's) I have had the engine malfunction light come on and have lost power. You can stop the car and then restart it and it may be ok for awhile but the same problem will return. The dealer has been able to fix the problem quickly on both of the times that I have had the problem, it was a bad fuel pump. lower grade gas will also cause the problem with the injectors. Other than that the cars have been great.

Super handling and performance
By Solid handling on 02/09/10 10:45 AM (PST)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car drives like it is on rails, glued to road and challenges sharp turns. No issues with reliability so far and love driving it everyday. Looks are great and car stands out. Wish I got the 535i but still satisfied with power it offers.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan in VA is:

$151 per month*