2010 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews 2

2010 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
No Substitute
By svenminneapple on 05/20/10 00:06 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Needed a wagon for its utility value. Wanted the BMW for its performance and fun value. This vehicle delivers in both departments. I look forward to driving to work and sometimes take the long route home to spend a few more minutes behind the wheel. This car simply kills the SUV on drivability. Too bad most Americans look at wagons as their grandparent's cars.

Looks good but full of bugs
By Eugene Namyotov on 05/15/10 06:03 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The best car you can own if the roads you travel every day are glass smooth. The car handles as well as BMW should and the pick up and braking is outstanding. The issue is in the electronics as for most of the owners i know, the engine light goes on and off at times, the AWD malfunction light goes off at times, once i had a turbo fail light go off and go away after a car restart. It becomes annoying that a 50k car has little bugs that were not taken care off pre-production. I have the M package and the wheels and tires that got damaged by NYC roads are not available for purchase in USA, must be ordered from Germany which takes 4 to 6 weeks. i have been waiting for a front right rim 4wks.

Loving it!
By Yoshodeep on 05/03/10 20:08 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Lexus has more comfortable and plusher interior, Infiniti can be more reliable, Acura can cost less to maintain, Mercedes has a better designed exterior, Jaguar has more sophisticated technology so why would anyone buy a BMW? Well, take a test drive and you'll know, yes, it is overpriced, but it is such perfectly balanced, the connection to the road you feel while driving, it makes you forget about the other cars for that little while.

Wonder Machine
By Jason on 05/02/10 18:20 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After reading many BMW reviews, I decided to do test drive for BMW 535i. The car is a dream machine, I did not bother trying other competitors. Handling, performance and speed are amazing. I was going to wait for 2011 but I fell in love with this design. No reliability issues so far only pure driving pleasure.

Love It
By Bob Whalen on 04/29/10 10:06 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is simply the best car in the world. It handles like a sport coupe, super quite, and its safe. I can't see why BMW's putting it out of production. It's by far the best car in their lineup and there getting rid of it?

Joy to drive
By Ryan on 04/14/10 18:58 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW 528i, power is adequate and gas mileage is excellent for car of this size. Truly wonder machine on road, feels glued, people slow down on turns I do opposite and car does not complain! It truly deserves ultimate driving machine title.

Lovin' It
By Mary on 03/20/10 07:12 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW and I love it. Thank goodness the iDrive has been updated. I read the horror stories but with the nav it is so easy, keeps your focus on the road not the dash. The car handles well on all roads, takes curves nicely, steering is easy. AWD did a great job with the snow we had in the Northeast US this winter. I am very pleased with the gas mileage, my last car, an STS, only got @ 18 mpg. I am averaging 23 mpg with the 528ix. The interior is roomy and comfortable. Even my very tall husband can easily get in and out. Only had the car 7 months and am really enjoying it.

535i Sportwagon
By MichiganMike1 on 03/15/10 15:04 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This 535i wagon replaced my beloved 2003 BMW 530i. The wagon provides the additional rear seat leg room and cargo space I was seeking but handles much like a BMW sedan. The additional weight of the wagon and xDrive is hardly noticeable with the turbocharged engine. I also prefer the appearance of the rear of the wagon to the 5 series sedan. The interior is finished to a higher standard, the seats are more comfortable and the panoramic sunroof provides a sensation of openness relative to my old 530i. The i-Drive linked to the navigation screen is much more user friendly than in previous versions. The standard audio system with Sirius sounds very good.

BMW 535i is a wonder machine
By Steve on 03/12/10 13:07 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I was bit concerned with cost of this vehicle as it is more pricy than competitors. After driving it for 2 months and doing test drive for other competitors (Lexus, Audi, Infiniti) it is worth it! Solid handling and performance. The car challenges sharp turns and does not lean. 535i is a rocket on wheels,Turbo engine is a piece of art, excellent fuel consumption despite the engine size and power. Too early for reliability feedback but no issues so far

Best Sports Sedan
By scott on 03/09/10 15:53 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Searched high and low and could not find another vehicle that compared in terms of performance and pricing. Lexus is nice, but it is a completely different driving experience. The seat comfort of my sport model remains the best i have ever owned, and I've owned the infiniti q45, j30, Lexus gs, Saab, Volvo etc.