2010 BMW 5 Series Wagon - Consumer Reviews

535i xDrive 3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (6 reviews )
My Last BMW
By nashvegasbmw on 04/27/13 04:48 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series Wagon 535i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I am very sad to say, this is the last BMW I will ever own unless they change direction. There has always been at least one BMW in my garage since I bought my first, a brand new 1974 2002tii. This wagon is one of those cars that is a dream to drive and a nightmare to own. The turbocharged engine and the automatic transmission wonderful to drive - a THRILL even. It is capable of eating up huge stretches of road and dropping drivers and and passengers at their destination refreshed and invigorated. The desire recently exhibited by BMW to cram as much computerized silliness into their cars as they can imagine is unnecessary and infuriating.

No Substitute
By svenminneapple on 05/20/10 00:06 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series Wagon 535i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Needed a wagon for its utility value. Wanted the BMW for its performance and fun value. This vehicle delivers in both departments. I look forward to driving to work and sometimes take the long route home to spend a few more minutes behind the wheel. This car simply kills the SUV on drivability. Too bad most Americans look at wagons as their grandparent's cars.

Love It
By Bob Whalen on 04/29/10 10:06 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series Wagon 535i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is simply the best car in the world. It handles like a sport coupe, super quite, and its safe. I can't see why BMW's putting it out of production. It's by far the best car in their lineup and there getting rid of it?

535i Sportwagon
By MichiganMike1 on 03/15/10 15:04 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series Wagon 535i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This 535i wagon replaced my beloved 2003 BMW 530i. The wagon provides the additional rear seat leg room and cargo space I was seeking but handles much like a BMW sedan. The additional weight of the wagon and xDrive is hardly noticeable with the turbocharged engine. I also prefer the appearance of the rear of the wagon to the 5 series sedan. The interior is finished to a higher standard, the seats are more comfortable and the panoramic sunroof provides a sensation of openness relative to my old 530i. The i-Drive linked to the navigation screen is much more user friendly than in previous versions. The standard audio system with Sirius sounds very good.

BMW xi 2010
By gregoryx on 09/29/09 23:15 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series Wagon 535i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

this is my 2nd 535xi. bought my first after considering + test driving infiniti,lexus,volvo,buick. i found the bmw to be a more pleasurable drive than all of them. it's nice to know that you are in a vehicle that seems engineered for the driver. it's the best vehicle i've owned. i highly recommend this vehicle. i also have lived in 3 states in the past 4 years and i have to say that the service experience has been excellent in every dealership so far. the service departments seem to understand the value of customer service as part of the consumer's brand loyalty. cup holders don't bother me - i don't eat in my car nor do i let my kids (smile) so no big deal

BMW xi 2010
By gregoryx on 09/29/09 21:58 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series Wagon 535i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

In 2008 i test drove the GS300, MB Eclass, Buick Lacross, Infiniti, and the Volvo S80 and saved the BMW for last. i loved the vehicle and purchased my first BMW . . . i didn't appreciate the logistical difficulty of operating a vehicle with both a push button start AND a key. i loved the vehicle, the build quality, and the performance. A few weeks ago, i decided to give myself a gift and i bought the 2010 model with the comfort access, sat radio, and active cruise control. i took delivery a few days ago and this vehicle is even better than the 2008 model. the I drive interface is vastly improved and much more intuitive than my 08 model . . . and the voice recognition works much better

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW 5 Series Wagon in VA is:

$155 per month*