2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
First BMW, won't be my last
By basio on 06/28/11 16:49 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for 9 months and have put on over 25,000 miles. I absolutely love the feel and style of this car. My daily commute is 58 miles one way, and before purchasing the 528, the drive was a chore. Now I look forward to the peaceful trek to and from work in the quiet cabin. I talk on the phone a lot in the car, and road noise is non-existent. I purchased the car with 28,000 miles, so I have over 53,000 now. I have had no reliability issues or equipment failure. Regular service (free), and the car keeps making me happy.

Loving it!
By Yoshodeep on 05/03/10 20:08 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Lexus has more comfortable and plusher interior, Infiniti can be more reliable, Acura can cost less to maintain, Mercedes has a better designed exterior, Jaguar has more sophisticated technology so why would anyone buy a BMW? Well, take a test drive and you'll know, yes, it is overpriced, but it is such perfectly balanced, the connection to the road you feel while driving, it makes you forget about the other cars for that little while.

Lovin' It
By Mary on 03/20/10 07:12 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW and I love it. Thank goodness the iDrive has been updated. I read the horror stories but with the nav it is so easy, keeps your focus on the road not the dash. The car handles well on all roads, takes curves nicely, steering is easy. AWD did a great job with the snow we had in the Northeast US this winter. I am very pleased with the gas mileage, my last car, an STS, only got @ 18 mpg. I am averaging 23 mpg with the 528ix. The interior is roomy and comfortable. Even my very tall husband can easily get in and out. Only had the car 7 months and am really enjoying it.

528xi
By hawk on 02/26/10 17:20 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

First time BMW owner, a solid car, fun to drive, break is strong and smooth, precision steering, communicative road feel, wish had 535i, power is okay, but feel a little weak when loaded with 5 people, Navigation told me to get off every exit on NJ TPK for no reason and then get back on no matter what mode I select. One time when fuel was low, the car was driving rough and jumping on the road, stopped the car, refueled, and restart - the problem run away.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan in VA is:

$156 per month*