Used 2010 BMW 5 Series 528i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

UPDATE since my last review (3/16/13)
By oakleyg

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased used with 37,000 miles. Now have 97,400 miles. Up to this point no issues. Have been averaging 28.5 MPG. Had first issue last week, very high pitched noise and rough idle at stop. Was traced to crankcase vent. Was covered under my extended warranty for $50 deductible. Tires and brakes were new at 37,000. Still OK, will probably replace tires before snow - live in USA Northeast.

With almost 100K, the car is just solid. Comfortable, my commute is 186 miles roundtrip daily. This car loves the highway. Acceptable gas mileage and reasonable features for a 2010. I like the driving dynamics, really enjoy driving on the back country roads near my house; just a pleasurable/fun ride.

My only suggestion of you are considering a used 5 series of this model; folding rear seats was an option. I do not have them and find this very annoying when I need to carry large packages or when traveling. I did not realize this until I had the car for about a month and went to fold down the rear seats. I do not have NAV, but bluetooth for phone works well, not stream media just phone over bluetooth.

2010 BMW 528i
By oakleyg

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this BMW 528i used with 37,000 miles Replaced a 2008 Honda Accord. After 1 month, I can say I cold not be happier. My daily commute is 186 miles - I am avg 29 MPG - and have seen 30.2 MPG. at avg speeds of 70 MPH it is not a X drive, for snow I purchased the THULE tire chains off amazon - used them three times. They are excellent - and very easy to install.

Comfort, heated seats, MPG, quietness compared to the Honda - I downloaded a free Decibel meter for my iPhone - the Honda was beyond annoyingly loud - 85 decibels - the 5 series is 65 decibels Trunk size good, full size spare, not run flat tires ( not a fan of these)

I use satellite radio, this car had the hookup but not the radio - was shocked to hear from the Dealer, that BMW does not have enough satellite radios for projected warranty use, so they jacked the price to $1,300 for the radio - ok, seriously - why nor one radio for the series ? The 2010 5 series has two types, and they do not have enough radios for the base 528i model - found one on eBay. Also, the voice command system - useless and annoying beyond comment.

Joy to drive
By Ryan

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW 528i, power is adequate and gas mileage is excellent for car of this size. Truly wonder machine on road, feels glued, people slow down on turns I do opposite and car does not complain! It truly deserves ultimate driving machine title.

Handling, gas mileage, exterior design,comfort,no road noise (528i does not have run flat so less noisy)

More torque and horse power

Super handling and performance
By Solid handling

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car drives like it is on rails, glued to road and challenges sharp turns. No issues with reliability so far and love driving it everyday. Looks are great and car stands out. Wish I got the 535i but still satisfied with power it offers.

Performance and road handling.

Nothing really maybe cup holders?

I like !
By JC

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Never had a Bimmer before. Testdrove a fully loaded 535i first. Then got into a 528i. Perfect balance of comfort and performance ! Ride is firm but never harsh. Handling and body control very precise. I was sold. Took one home that night and I'm enjoying every minute in it. Got a good deal since it's an outgoing model. Cannot comment on reliability issues since it only has a few miles, but for a fine car like this, I wouldn't mind switching to a new one every three years ! I think I am done with Japanese cars for good.

I actually love the iDrive. The knob is located at the most logical spot to keep your eyes on the road. The new interface is quite intuitive. Black interior is pretty nice, and the ergonomics simple and to the point. Xenon headlight is excellent, and the brake outstanding. Best Lumbar support !

Cup holders are kind of a joke, but at least four slots are available.