2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
2010 BMW 550i M Sport SAT
By champaign777 on 12/14/13 16:19 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I am a BMW fun and currently have 2 E39 Bought this 2010 BMW 550i M Sport SAT a nd sold after 6 months Car had 33k miles and almost all options available. Sold it after 6 month only due to jerky SAP transmission ,- dealer helped a lot with all small "normal" BMW issues AKA steering leaks , software bugs , suspension noises , engine noises , remote key issues , yata, yata , ,same story all time BMW Well this all not a new for me but the last one with SAT which JERKS ALL TIME ON LOW SPEED was a killer Dealer said need to wait 2-3 months for a new patch from ZF and this is on the latest E60 model how nice a ?? Will never buy "auto" transmission BMW , only manual

2010 550i M Sport - It growls
By Martin on 02/22/10 16:16 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I also own a 2000 540i. So my expectations of the 2010 550i were pretty high. It had to be the same or better. My expectations have been met. It's carbon black with cream interior includes all the M sport trims you can get. It's an excellent vehicle and fun to drive. If my wife asks me to get milk and eggs, I'll do it 2 trips. The vehicle with it's 19" wheels rides on rails, a notable growl can be expected from the mufflers after 4000rpm. Surprisingly smooth suspension. Has many hidden features not all described in the brochure. As with my older one, it's 10 years ahead of its time.

550i with M-Sport Package
By New BMW Guy on 09/15/09 23:53 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

There is no other way to buy a 550i. The M-sport package is a must. The wheels and more aggressive styling gets everyone's attention when you drive by. The Logic 7 system is the best sound system I have ever heard in a car. The growl when you take off on the highway is euphoric. The heads up display is awesome especially when you get the nav directions on the windshield. I now know why everyone who owns a BMW will never own another car. The hard drive lets you burn your CDs and lets you hear your favorite music instantly - no waiting for tracks to pull up and better than my Infiniti hard drive system. The updated iDrive is very quick and intuitive. Bluetooth phone connection is impeccable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan in NJ is:

$257 per month*