Used 2010 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

First BMW, won't be my last
By basio

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for 9 months and have put on over 25,000 miles. I absolutely love the feel and style of this car. My daily commute is 58 miles one way, and before purchasing the 528, the drive was a chore. Now I look forward to the peaceful trek to and from work in the quiet cabin. I talk on the phone a lot in the car, and road noise is non-existent. I purchased the car with 28,000 miles, so I have over 53,000 now. I have had no reliability issues or equipment failure. Regular service (free), and the car keeps making me happy.

Nav, iDrive, hands-free voice recognition, and yes, I like the cup holders. They are suspended on the dash in front of the passenger. I prefer this to the middle console type.

Nothing significant

Loving it!
By Yoshodeep

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Lexus has more comfortable and plusher interior, Infiniti can be more reliable, Acura can cost less to maintain, Mercedes has a better designed exterior, Jaguar has more sophisticated technology so why would anyone buy a BMW? Well, take a test drive and you'll know, yes, it is overpriced, but it is such perfectly balanced, the connection to the road you feel while driving, it makes you forget about the other cars for that little while.

Handling, drive-feel, balance, iDrive, ipod interface

A few more miles to the gallon, maybe 30 more horsepower, more space under the middle armrest.

Lovin' It
By Mary

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW and I love it. Thank goodness the iDrive has been updated. I read the horror stories but with the nav it is so easy, keeps your focus on the road not the dash. The car handles well on all roads, takes curves nicely, steering is easy. AWD did a great job with the snow we had in the Northeast US this winter. I am very pleased with the gas mileage, my last car, an STS, only got @ 18 mpg. I am averaging 23 mpg with the 528ix. The interior is roomy and comfortable. Even my very tall husband can easily get in and out. Only had the car 7 months and am really enjoying it.

iDrive. It's easy to "navigate", no pun intended. Very user friendly. Comfortable seating. Park assist is helpful. Trunk space is vast.

Cup holders, what's up with these things? Flimsy and in poor locations.

528xi
By hawk

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

First time BMW owner, a solid car, fun to drive, break is strong and smooth, precision steering, communicative road feel, wish had 535i, power is okay, but feel a little weak when loaded with 5 people, Navigation told me to get off every exit on NJ TPK for no reason and then get back on no matter what mode I select. One time when fuel was low, the car was driving rough and jumping on the road, stopped the car, refueled, and restart - the problem run away.

iDrive, voice recognition, comfortable seat, programmable buttons

cup holder, center console