Used 2010 BMW 5 Series 528i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

2010 BMW 528i
By oakleyg

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this BMW 528i used with 37,000 miles Replaced a 2008 Honda Accord. After 1 month, I can say I cold not be happier. My daily commute is 186 miles - I am avg 29 MPG - and have seen 30.2 MPG. at avg speeds of 70 MPH it is not a X drive, for snow I purchased the THULE tire chains off amazon - used them three times. They are excellent - and very easy to install.

Favorite Features

Comfort, heated seats, MPG, quietness compared to the Honda - I downloaded a free Decibel meter for my iPhone - the Honda was beyond annoyingly loud - 85 decibels - the 5 series is 65 decibels Trunk size good, full size spare, not run flat tires ( not a fan of these)

Suggested Improvements

I use satellite radio, this car had the hookup but not the radio - was shocked to hear from the Dealer, that BMW does not have enough satellite radios for projected warranty use, so they jacked the price to $1,300 for the radio - ok, seriously - why nor one radio for the series ? The 2010 5 series has two types, and they do not have enough radios for the base 528i model - found one on eBay. Also, the voice command system - useless and annoying beyond comment.

Joy to drive
By Ryan

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW 528i, power is adequate and gas mileage is excellent for car of this size. Truly wonder machine on road, feels glued, people slow down on turns I do opposite and car does not complain! It truly deserves ultimate driving machine title.

Favorite Features

Handling, gas mileage, exterior design,comfort,no road noise (528i does not have run flat so less noisy)

Suggested Improvements

More torque and horse power

Super handling and performance
By Solid handling

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car drives like it is on rails, glued to road and challenges sharp turns. No issues with reliability so far and love driving it everyday. Looks are great and car stands out. Wish I got the 535i but still satisfied with power it offers.

Favorite Features

Performance and road handling.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really maybe cup holders?

The best 5 yet
By LG

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my wife's third 5 Series. She is a White and Blue owner for the past 15 years and this is by far the nicest of the almost perfect 5s. She drove the new 2010 E-Class and said take to BMW. One drive and a week of searching for the options and color plus a fair price was all it took. I get to drive it a little and I must say it is even nicer than my Lexus which I really enjoy.

Favorite Features

Handling, Sirius Radio, car interior.

Suggested Improvements

Lower price and included Comfort Access which is now $1K.

I like !
By JC

2010 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Never had a Bimmer before. Testdrove a fully loaded 535i first. Then got into a 528i. Perfect balance of comfort and performance ! Ride is firm but never harsh. Handling and body control very precise. I was sold. Took one home that night and I'm enjoying every minute in it. Got a good deal since it's an outgoing model. Cannot comment on reliability issues since it only has a few miles, but for a fine car like this, I wouldn't mind switching to a new one every three years ! I think I am done with Japanese cars for good.

Favorite Features

I actually love the iDrive. The knob is located at the most logical spot to keep your eyes on the road. The new interface is quite intuitive. Black interior is pretty nice, and the ergonomics simple and to the point. Xenon headlight is excellent, and the brake outstanding. Best Lumbar support !

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are kind of a joke, but at least four slots are available.