2010 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
UPDATE since my last review (3/16/13)
By oakleyg on 10/13/14 13:28 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased used with 37,000 miles. Now have 97,400 miles. Up to this point no issues. Have been averaging 28.5 MPG. Had first issue last week, very high pitched noise and rough idle at stop. Was traced to crankcase vent. Was covered under my extended warranty for $50 deductible. Tires and brakes were new at 37,000. Still OK, will probably replace tires before snow - live in USA Northeast.

2010 BMW 528i
By oakleyg on 03/16/13 17:48 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this BMW 528i used with 37,000 miles Replaced a 2008 Honda Accord. After 1 month, I can say I cold not be happier. My daily commute is 186 miles - I am avg 29 MPG - and have seen 30.2 MPG. at avg speeds of 70 MPH it is not a X drive, for snow I purchased the THULE tire chains off amazon - used them three times. They are excellent - and very easy to install.

Joy to drive
By Ryan on 04/14/10 18:58 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW 528i, power is adequate and gas mileage is excellent for car of this size. Truly wonder machine on road, feels glued, people slow down on turns I do opposite and car does not complain! It truly deserves ultimate driving machine title.

Super handling and performance
By Solid handling on 02/09/10 10:45 AM (PST)

2010 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car drives like it is on rails, glued to road and challenges sharp turns. No issues with reliability so far and love driving it everyday. Looks are great and car stands out. Wish I got the 535i but still satisfied with power it offers.

I like !
By JC on 02/03/10 22:19 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Never had a Bimmer before. Testdrove a fully loaded 535i first. Then got into a 528i. Perfect balance of comfort and performance ! Ride is firm but never harsh. Handling and body control very precise. I was sold. Took one home that night and I'm enjoying every minute in it. Got a good deal since it's an outgoing model. Cannot comment on reliability issues since it only has a few miles, but for a fine car like this, I wouldn't mind switching to a new one every three years ! I think I am done with Japanese cars for good.

The best 5 yet
By LG on 08/29/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my wife's third 5 Series. She is a White and Blue owner for the past 15 years and this is by far the nicest of the almost perfect 5s. She drove the new 2010 E-Class and said take to BMW. One drive and a week of searching for the options and color plus a fair price was all it took. I get to drive it a little and I must say it is even nicer than my Lexus which I really enjoy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 BMW 5 Series in VA is:

$150 per month*