2010 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
2010 BMW 550i M Sport SAT
By champaign777 on 12/14/13 16:19 PM (PST)

2010 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

I am a BMW fun and currently have 2 E39 Bought this 2010 BMW 550i M Sport SAT a nd sold after 6 months Car had 33k miles and almost all options available. Sold it after 6 month only due to jerky SAP transmission ,- dealer helped a lot with all small "normal" BMW issues AKA steering leaks , software bugs , suspension noises , engine noises , remote key issues , yata, yata , ,same story all time BMW Well this all not a new for me but the last one with SAT which JERKS ALL TIME ON LOW SPEED was a killer Dealer said need to wait 2-3 months for a new patch from ZF and this is on the latest E60 model how nice a ?? Will never buy "auto" transmission BMW , only manual

My Last BMW
By nashvegasbmw on 04/27/13 04:48 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I am very sad to say, this is the last BMW I will ever own unless they change direction. There has always been at least one BMW in my garage since I bought my first, a brand new 1974 2002tii. This wagon is one of those cars that is a dream to drive and a nightmare to own. The turbocharged engine and the automatic transmission wonderful to drive - a THRILL even. It is capable of eating up huge stretches of road and dropping drivers and and passengers at their destination refreshed and invigorated. The desire recently exhibited by BMW to cram as much computerized silliness into their cars as they can imagine is unnecessary and infuriating.

2010 BMW 528i
By oakleyg on 03/16/13 17:48 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this BMW 528i used with 37,000 miles Replaced a 2008 Honda Accord. After 1 month, I can say I cold not be happier. My daily commute is 186 miles - I am avg 29 MPG - and have seen 30.2 MPG. at avg speeds of 70 MPH it is not a X drive, for snow I purchased the THULE tire chains off amazon - used them three times. They are excellent - and very easy to install.

First BMW, won't be my last
By basio on 06/28/11 16:49 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for 9 months and have put on over 25,000 miles. I absolutely love the feel and style of this car. My daily commute is 58 miles one way, and before purchasing the 528, the drive was a chore. Now I look forward to the peaceful trek to and from work in the quiet cabin. I talk on the phone a lot in the car, and road noise is non-existent. I purchased the car with 28,000 miles, so I have over 53,000 now. I have had no reliability issues or equipment failure. Regular service (free), and the car keeps making me happy.

3 engine breakdowns already
By 2010lemon on 05/03/11 19:22 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Fuel pump replaced twice. Once before recall, once after. Car lost power in two life threatening situations with children in car. Most recent engine issue has put me in a compact rental car for two weeks.... while car continues to confuse technicians.

Always can be better
By knot1711 on 09/07/10 10:02 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Great road/touring car! Have owned a total of five BMW's. Almost as fun as our Porsche! Pretty good in the snow. Turbo makes driving real fun! No reliability problems after a year.

Unreliable, even new
By Skip on 06/14/10 13:34 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

With less that 4000 miles the "engine malfunction-reduce power" message came on and the car would no longer start. I was only 1 mile from the dealership but it took BMW assist over two hours to organize a tow (1 pm Monday)! I was told by the dealership " we are seeing this a lot," but so far they apparently do not know how to fix it. I rated the car low on performance, build quality, and reliability for this issue. This is not the BMW "experience I was hoping for!

No Substitute
By svenminneapple on 05/20/10 00:06 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Needed a wagon for its utility value. Wanted the BMW for its performance and fun value. This vehicle delivers in both departments. I look forward to driving to work and sometimes take the long route home to spend a few more minutes behind the wheel. This car simply kills the SUV on drivability. Too bad most Americans look at wagons as their grandparent's cars.

Looks good but full of bugs
By Eugene Namyotov on 05/15/10 06:03 AM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The best car you can own if the roads you travel every day are glass smooth. The car handles as well as BMW should and the pick up and braking is outstanding. The issue is in the electronics as for most of the owners i know, the engine light goes on and off at times, the AWD malfunction light goes off at times, once i had a turbo fail light go off and go away after a car restart. It becomes annoying that a 50k car has little bugs that were not taken care off pre-production. I have the M package and the wheels and tires that got damaged by NYC roads are not available for purchase in USA, must be ordered from Germany which takes 4 to 6 weeks. i have been waiting for a front right rim 4wks.

Loving it!
By Yoshodeep on 05/03/10 20:08 PM (PDT)

2010 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Lexus has more comfortable and plusher interior, Infiniti can be more reliable, Acura can cost less to maintain, Mercedes has a better designed exterior, Jaguar has more sophisticated technology so why would anyone buy a BMW? Well, take a test drive and you'll know, yes, it is overpriced, but it is such perfectly balanced, the connection to the road you feel while driving, it makes you forget about the other cars for that little while.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.