2009 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Too Good To Be True

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

Too Good To Be True
By DonRay on

2009 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Traded in my E46 M3 after 6 years. Purchased a white 550i with Sport & Cold Weather packages & lots of other goodies. The car looks fabulous; the LED side & rear lights and Angel Eye DRLs make the car unique and very attractive. The acceleration, handling and fuel economy are comparable to my old M3 but without the "nervousness". I've never purchased a car that gave me the satisfaction of ownership that I receive from my 550i. The whole automobile is a work of art, from the anthracite tailpipes to the black front air intake; a study in black and white. The Sport Package makes the current 550i better and more modern looking than the 2010 version.

Favorite Features

Fit & finish, M Aerodynamic kit, iDrive, LED tail & side lights, 19" wheels, dual black tail pipes, comfort access, satellite radio, bamboo anthracite wood trim, Logic 7 sound system, head-up display, Angel Eyes, pull-away power from a stop light, handling and overall superb looks.

Suggested Improvements

The cruise control stalk can get in the way while attempting to engage the turn signal during a turn. Making it about an inch shorter should do the trick. Develop side curb sensors; curb rash is ever a danger with large wheels.