2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Born to Run
By pjl275 on 08/30/09 17:57 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just turned in my leased '07 530xi for an '09 535i. Almost cried, as the '07 was simply an exceptional car. If it weren't for the very high buyout, I would have purchased the car. Found a new 535i with sport pkg, nav, cold weather, etc for an absolute steal. The changes from '07 are wonderful, better leather, the sport seats are thrones and they seemed to have fixed the noisy moonroof issue. Not that the '07 was underpowered, but the '09 just flies. 80 comes up quickly and its really hard to obey the owner's manual to keep it under 100 during breakin. Car is very quiet, even with the sport package and the ride is as supple (if not more) than the 530xi (non-sport). Hope to keep this car.

1st BMW - I'm hooked!
By CDT on 06/23/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Test drove the 528i and fell in love! My husband also wanted to try out the X5...it was nice, but the handling wasn't as good as the 5series. So, I've been driving my 528i for only a few weeks now but am in LOVE with it! I got the Premium and Sport packages. The 20-way seat feels like it hugs my body. Haven't used the heated seats yet in the Florida summer, but look forward to trying them out if we have a cold winter. This is the smoothest, quietest ride I've ever had, and great acceleration. I love the i-drive...it did take a little getting used to but the learning curve wasn't long and well worth it.

Awesome!
By Ba on 06/13/09 14:41 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW. It's incredibly comfortable and fun to drive. Great performance, stability and luxury. Very quiet ride so I can hear the music clearly on radio or CD when put on low volume!

Love this car
By CBH on 06/10/09 05:15 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just purchased the 535i xDrive and absolutely love it. It handles curves like no other sedan in its class. Really have to pay attention to my speed because of smooth ride. Fuel economy isn't bad for 300 horses and vehicle weight - currently getting 25 to 27 highway, but still in break-in period. Very comfortable interior with lots of room. Could use a little more storage, but not a major issue - the golf clubs fit fine! I do agree that the cup holders are ridiculous.

My Best Bimmer Yet!
By ejr1953 on 05/24/09 18:57 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for about 2 months, and just returned from my first road trip. It took a little getting used to its "heft" compared with the 3 Series it replaced, but now that I'm used to that, and the operation of the iDrive, I really love the car. It's very smooth and comfortable, and has deceptively great handling. I'm still in "break in mode", doing more stop- and-go, and am getting about 27 mpg. The 5 Series is just a joy to drive, puts a smile on my face every time I press that "start" button.

Wow, Great Car!!!!
By Kar Krazy on 05/22/09 12:06 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Well it's been 4 years since I've owned a Beemer (02' 330i Conv. Sports), have been in a 05' Mercedes CLK500 and 97'Porsche 911 Conv. It's great to own a Beemer again, don't think I'll ever go back to a Merc (quality was sub par although engine and power were amazing). Been driving my 535I sports package for the last couple of weeks and am extremely impressed, I was worried that I would miss the power of my CLK500 but have been satisfied with my 535I twin turbo engine. Interior with black bamboo is fantastic, this is the most comfortable car I have ever been in, more than enough space and the contour seats are great. Overall handling is superb and the drive is smooth. Cabin is extremely quite.

Stereo is NOT good
By gas on 05/20/09 16:49 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I didn't get the high end stereo package and it has really minimized my affection for the car. At 60k this stereo sounds similar to a much less expensive car. Shame on you BMW!

New 528i xdrive owner
By NewBmmer on 04/09/09 09:02 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

First time BMW owner and love the car. Got the Nav, Prem, Ipod link , SAT radio, adaptive xenons and cold weather packages. Was looking at Hyundai Genesis, Infiniti G35x but the BMW blew me away. I really can't wait to drive it. Very quiet and responsive - 3.0l seems bigger and more powerful, handling is superb and the ride is firm but very comfortable, idrive is really very easy to use not sure why all the hubbub- just takes a bit of practice. If this sustains I will be a BMW guy for life. Winding and wet roads are life for me and the car sticks like glue. Fit and finish flawless. Very roomy for 4. Not enough road time for economy rating yet. Stock sound system is very good.

Ultimate not considering the run flats
By dinodad on 04/04/09 06:31 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Leased on 535i with 6 spd, premium, sports and cod weather package. Took off the run flats and am storing them until the end of the lease. This is the 2nd BMW I have followed this ritual. Car handles like it is on rails. Performance is sooo sweet. Previously had a 530i with manual. The extra ponies - 45 or so are noticeable and the torque comes on just above idle at 1400 and stays flat until about redline. I commute about 45 miles to work and this beemer makes going to work fun! Have had beemers since 2000 and they are the utmost fun to drive but run flats stink big time. BMW- please hear this = run flats belong on a Lexus for those who don't want to change a tire in the rain.

Too Good To Be True
By DonRay on 03/26/09 16:31 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

Traded in my E46 M3 after 6 years. Purchased a white 550i with Sport & Cold Weather packages & lots of other goodies. The car looks fabulous; the LED side & rear lights and Angel Eye DRLs make the car unique and very attractive. The acceleration, handling and fuel economy are comparable to my old M3 but without the "nervousness". I've never purchased a car that gave me the satisfaction of ownership that I receive from my 550i. The whole automobile is a work of art, from the anthracite tailpipes to the black front air intake; a study in black and white. The Sport Package makes the current 550i better and more modern looking than the 2010 version.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.