Used 2009 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

What a car!
By Don

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After owning many marques, finally bought a BMW. The car handles like a slot car, is quiet and good-riding, and has fantastic brakes. Wish I'd bought one years ago.

i-Drive

Very good & getting better
By lenk58

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is our 3rd 5 series starting in 2003, 2006 and 2009. Each model has gotten better, especially with horsepower. The 2003 could barely get out of its own way. Over the years they have increased horsepower by 50. The car drives great, handles well and is good on gas. Sound, navigation systems are great and seat comfort is also fine. It still could use an upgrade on horsepower over 230.

steptronic, navigatioon, sound system

Need center console storage and the cup holders are not so great.

Best car I have ever owned
By scott

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car gets great gas mileage with great performance, super quiet interior. This is my first BMW but it won't be my last. I'm hooked!

Interior night lighting is very classy, love the voice activation of phone. And the design of the exterior is timeless.

More center console storage, mirror size is a little small.

1st BMW - I'm hooked!
By CDT

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Test drove the 528i and fell in love! My husband also wanted to try out the X5...it was nice, but the handling wasn't as good as the 5series. So, I've been driving my 528i for only a few weeks now but am in LOVE with it! I got the Premium and Sport packages. The 20-way seat feels like it hugs my body. Haven't used the heated seats yet in the Florida summer, but look forward to trying them out if we have a cold winter. This is the smoothest, quietest ride I've ever had, and great acceleration. I love the i-drive...it did take a little getting used to but the learning curve wasn't long and well worth it.

Handling, bamboo, Dakota leather, i- pod interface, bluetooth and voice control, and the super-comfy seats!

The only improvement needed, in my opinion, is the driver's cup holder. It's just not large enough to hold a travel mug. I agree with others that I wouldn't want it in the center console though.

Awesome!
By Ba

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW. It's incredibly comfortable and fun to drive. Great performance, stability and luxury. Very quiet ride so I can hear the music clearly on radio or CD when put on low volume!

Comfort access, parking distance control, and iDrive (I find it easy to use, despite some rumbling by reviewers).