2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Ultimate driving Machine
By Best car I've owned on 12/03/09 18:39 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

BMW truly deserves the title of ultimate driving machine. The 528i has enough power with exceptional handling and ride quality. No other car provides the same steering feedback and handling. Love the car and can't wait to drive it, car gets looks while on the road. This is my 1st BMW and will not be the last.

My Best Bimmer Yet!
By ejr1953 on 05/24/09 18:57 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for about 2 months, and just returned from my first road trip. It took a little getting used to its "heft" compared with the 3 Series it replaced, but now that I'm used to that, and the operation of the iDrive, I really love the car. It's very smooth and comfortable, and has deceptively great handling. I'm still in "break in mode", doing more stop- and-go, and am getting about 27 mpg. The 5 Series is just a joy to drive, puts a smile on my face every time I press that "start" button.

Good one
By SDM on 02/27/09 13:37 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am spoiled to BMWs. Each one seems to get better. My '09 528i is very solid. I had an '06 530i which got great mileage and I'm hoping this car will get better as I get more miles on it. The shifting is silky smooth and build quality is good. The improvements in the idrive are notable - pushbuttons for CD, Radio, Telephone, etc. It's a little pricey but it's worth a little more if you're enthusiastic about what you drive.

It's worth it!
By Chase on 12/21/08 17:33 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 3rd BMW, and I am glad I did. I had not driven one for over a year and had forgotten why I keep going back. It just keeps getting better. My car has the sport and prem packages and well worth it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan in NJ is:

$257 per month*