2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
What a car!
By Don on 01/24/10 14:15 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After owning many marques, finally bought a BMW. The car handles like a slot car, is quiet and good-riding, and has fantastic brakes. Wish I'd bought one years ago.

Very good & getting better
By lenk58 on 12/14/09 12:34 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is our 3rd 5 series starting in 2003, 2006 and 2009. Each model has gotten better, especially with horsepower. The 2003 could barely get out of its own way. Over the years they have increased horsepower by 50. The car drives great, handles well and is good on gas. Sound, navigation systems are great and seat comfort is also fine. It still could use an upgrade on horsepower over 230.

Best car I have ever owned
By scott on 11/03/09 10:19 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Car gets great gas mileage with great performance, super quiet interior. This is my first BMW but it won't be my last. I'm hooked!

1st BMW - I'm hooked!
By CDT on 06/23/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Test drove the 528i and fell in love! My husband also wanted to try out the X5...it was nice, but the handling wasn't as good as the 5series. So, I've been driving my 528i for only a few weeks now but am in LOVE with it! I got the Premium and Sport packages. The 20-way seat feels like it hugs my body. Haven't used the heated seats yet in the Florida summer, but look forward to trying them out if we have a cold winter. This is the smoothest, quietest ride I've ever had, and great acceleration. I love the i-drive...it did take a little getting used to but the learning curve wasn't long and well worth it.

Awesome!
By Ba on 06/13/09 14:41 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW. It's incredibly comfortable and fun to drive. Great performance, stability and luxury. Very quiet ride so I can hear the music clearly on radio or CD when put on low volume!

New 528i xdrive owner
By NewBmmer on 04/09/09 09:02 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

First time BMW owner and love the car. Got the Nav, Prem, Ipod link , SAT radio, adaptive xenons and cold weather packages. Was looking at Hyundai Genesis, Infiniti G35x but the BMW blew me away. I really can't wait to drive it. Very quiet and responsive - 3.0l seems bigger and more powerful, handling is superb and the ride is firm but very comfortable, idrive is really very easy to use not sure why all the hubbub- just takes a bit of practice. If this sustains I will be a BMW guy for life. Winding and wet roads are life for me and the car sticks like glue. Fit and finish flawless. Very roomy for 4. Not enough road time for economy rating yet. Stock sound system is very good.

Better and Better
By Robert Springer on 03/21/09 21:57 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought this turned in my 07 and wow what a difference for only 2 years. You can notice a little more pickup, the 07 525 was a real dog. The handling and suspension, what can you say it's a BMW, I told myself I'd buy a Genesis or try something new, but for an enthusiast driver, THERE IS NO COMPARISON TO THE FEEL OF A BMW this car is soo tight.

So good - wish I'd known earlier
By 2timer on 03/11/09 16:53 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Previous owner of 325 and 328xi coupe. On top of all the attributes of a 5-series -- much more comfortable interior, quiet and luxurious ride but still that BMW feel and handling -- it gets better in-town gas mileage than the coupe. I got over worrying about I-drive and learned to enjoy it.

The Ultimate Drive
By tratra on 03/11/09 11:35 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 4th BMW. Had an X5, 325i, 328xi, and now 528i Xdrive. I always think I want something else. When it comes down to it nothing competes with the drive and handling of the BMW. Not Mercedes, Jaguar, Infinity, etc, and I have tried them all. Fun to drive and luxurious all at the same time. Gas mileage is not bad for the full size car. BMW definitely holds up to its slogan the Ultimate Driving Machine.

Another great product from BMW
By Soulpatch_28 on 02/21/09 16:23 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 5 Series Sedan 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car overall. The acceleration leaves a lot to be desired. I am mystified by the cheap cup holders in the front seat. For $50,000 I expect more. The car takes the road well. The new iDrive is much improved from years past.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.