2008 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: Wow! BMW Does It Again

2008 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

Wow! BMW Does It Again
By Alexander on

2008 BMW 5 Series 528xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What an outstanding value. This car provides the perfect combination of acceleration and handling you'd expect from BMW. Fuel economy is good and the manual transmission ties it all together. The comfort seats are just simply unbelieveable. After 1600 mls of both highway and city driving, its clear that the 528xi has more than enough power to deliver the performance I need. I passed on the twin turbos and don't regret it a bit. Frankly, the 528xi is just plain fun to drive! The hot buttons on the iDrive dramatically simplify the system. The navigation system has the best display I've seen. The HUD is awesome.

Favorite Features

The comfort seat is the best car seat in the industry. I really enjoy the iPod adapter. The nav and HUD combo is sweet and easy to use. The iDrive ties it all together. However, the BMW handling takes the cake.

Suggested Improvements

This is difficult. A slightly larger back seats would be nice but not at the expense of the trunk, a larger car, or more weight. Then again, I'll never ride back there. Finally, the BMW cup holders are still universally poor.