2008 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: What A Car!!

2008 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

What A Car!!
By Bret J. on

2008 BMW 5 Series 550i 4dr Sedan (4.8L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd BMW. I owned a 7 series three years ago and had many problems with it. I leased a Mercedes S550, which was nice, but I decided to get back into something fun and sporty. The New 550i is an awsome car. They made some really nice improvements. It's fast, responsive, handles incredibly, stylish, comfortable, and a pure joy to drive. I bought it fully loaded with the excpetion of the Heads- up display and night vision. This is by far my favorite car I've owned. I recommend the sport package in any BMW you purchase, after all, BMW is the Ultimate Driving Machine, so how you can not get the sport package. This car is a keeper.

20 way seat adjustments, Logic 7 Surround Sound, iPod integration, and the sport gear shift with the paddle shifters as well. And of course the engine.

Horribly placed cup holders and the center storage compartment is just oddly shaped and small. Make it more like the 7 series. I'm still not crazy about the BMW iDrive. It's not that complicated, but enough to be a little annoying at times. Minimize it or get rid of it, it's just not necessary.