Phenomenal sedan
By sfgate on
2008 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)
I have been considering a 5-series equivalent for 3 years, and the 535i is the most amazing car. The car is luxurious, yet when you drive it, it is like a sports car. The twin turbo accelerates so fast, that it pushes you backwards into the seat. It is so solid compard to my 330ci, and yet is accelerates faster. Cornering is not as nimble as my 3 series, but it's a bigger car. I don't know why people complain about iDrive; it's great. Anybody with any intelligence and who can use microsoft windows can use iDrive. It takes about 15 minutes to figure out, and it basically is a computer in your car without all the clutter. I have a 6spd manual, and I love it. It is smooth and sure. Amazing.
Favorite Features
Twin turbo engine acceleration, luxurious feel, solid chassis, amazing performance, iDrive prevents clutter in cockpit, huge trunk space, large back seats with leg room compared to 3 series (I am 6'2" and have sat there), cheaper than E-class (which get worse mileage and are used as taxis in europe).
Suggested Improvements
Cupholders are awful, window controls on drivers side should be in middle like 3 series, need a better door pull on driver's side to close door, shift knob should be leather-wrapped instead of cheap plastic.