2008 BMW 5 Series Consumer Review: On the fence

2008 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

On the fence
By OnTheFence on

2008 BMW 5 Series 535i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My lease comes up at the end of the year but not sure if I would buy it. It was at the dealership multiple times due to the high pressure fuel pump and gasket leak issues. Morning starts feel like a boat motor. Engine misfires. Car lurches back and jumps forward at stop lights etc. It's a joy to drive when the engine is trouble free. I-drive is so slow it drives me nuts. The blutooth works about 50% of the time. I'm eying the infiniti M and the lexus G because I really want a trouble free vehicle with better ergonomics. I'll have to sacrifice the driving dynamics of this vehicle though. There should not be a compromise for a $60,000+ car.

Turbo engine is a blast. The car is fun to drive. The sport seats are amazingly comfortable.

The engine suffers too many problems. The leather seats are coming off of the seams at the bottom? the cup holders are pathetic. Bluetooth that works.